JOB TITLE: Tax Manager
COMPENSATION: Market Salary / DOE
REPORTS TO: Senior Management
SITE LOCATION: Remote
JOB SUMMARY: Kruze Consulting is looking to bring on a Tax Manager to assist with the tax processes of our growing, specialized, client base - VC funded C-Corporation startups. This individual will be working closely with Account Managers and client executives on each engagement and ensure completion of all corporate tax requirements of the client. One should be able to work with a multitude of clients daily to ensure timely completion and compliance is achieved for each entity. The ability to lead teams, troubleshoot, manage relationships, and hold team members accountable to meet all tax requirements are critical to this position. This role will be ever changing and will require the candidate to be flexible and open-minded.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage the preparation and review of U.S. federal and state income tax filings for multiple clients and ensure timely submission.
- Manage all U.S. federal and state income tax audits, where applicable, including all communication between the Company and the tax auditors.
- Work with local managers on outstanding items to ensure timely completion of filings.
- Manage other tax related responsibilities including state sales and use tax and property tax, and resp
- Strong knowledge and execution of tax process:
- Annual Federal Form 1120.
- Annual State CA Form 100.
- Annual State NY Form CT-3.
- Familiarity with these tax forms/issues (and a deeper knowledge of either SALT or International tax issues):
- International Forms 5471/5472
- CA and/or NY Sales/Use Tax (with and without Avalara/Tax Jar).
- R&D Tax Credit Form 6765, R&D Tax Credit Payroll election.
- Net Operating Losses (NOLs).
- Nexus / SUT / apportionment / multi-state operations
- Manage Internal Teams and Clients:
- Comfortable in startup environment (read: sometimes chaotic and lacking structure).
- Ability to create structure and foundational tax processes.
- Choose appropriate Processes based on client's unique needs.
- Managing internal and external staff accountants.
- Settings expectations.
- Training staff accountants.
- Develop training modules and internal templates.
- Manage submission of completed filings for invoicing purposes
- Monitor billable hours between different clients
- Organizing documents online in Box
- Create, maintain and develop internal processes for all recurring tax filings
Skills & Prerequisites
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Concentration in Accounting required.
- Masters in Taxation preferred
- 5+ years of Corporate Tax experience preferred
- CPA preferred; Enrolled Agent considered.
- Big 4 Experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management while at the same time able to work independently to resolve tax issues
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Strong priority management skills
- Knowledge of computer information systems to present financial information
- Ability to prepare statistical reports and analyze financial reports
- Ability to perform mathematical computations accurately and quickly
- Ability to identify and compute ratios and percentages
About the Firm:
Kruze Consulting is a rapidly growing startup that provides Startup Accounting & CFO Consulting services to startups in Silicon Valley, Los Angeles and New York. The firm has 160 Seed, Series A and Series B clients. The firm was started five years ago, by Vanessa Kruze, CPA and now has eighteen team members. The firm handles all Accounting, Bookkeeping, Finance, Human Resources and Tax issues for its clients. Kruze utilizes best of breed software tools such as QuickBooks, Xero, Gusto, Zenefits, Expensify, Bill.com, and Emburse. The client base is comprised of venture capital backed startups and recent graduates from YC, 500 Startups, StartX, and Techstars.