Kongregate is looking for a Producer (Ultrabit Studio) for our Ultrabit game studio in San Diego, CA. As a Producer you will work closely with cross-functional teams to coordinate all facets of development, releases, and maintenance of our games. You will work closely with Product to manage project timelines, gather requirements, and keep our development team on track. You’ll work heavily in our backlog enhancing and authoring user stories, and you’ll keep our sprints organized and on time.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, always follows-up, and enjoys working within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The act of planning excites you; organization and efficiency are always on your mind. You have a knack for turning ambiguity into execution and delivering projects on time.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive Project Timeline: Oversee, coordinate, track and manage development cross-functionally to ensure that project goals are completed on time.
- Manage Approvals: Develop clear approvals and feedback pipelines to ensure all stakeholders, both internal and external, are aligned and accounted for.
- Maintain Quality: Establish and communicate clear quality goals and schedule deadlines to ensure the final product is both top-notch and on time.
- Maximize Jira: Effectively manage our Jira workspace to better serve the development team and create actionable process improvements.
- Plan Proactively: Proactively identifies production bottlenecks, issues and risks, and take appropriate steps to resolve difficulties before they impede progress.
- Collaborate Openly: Facilitate strong communication and open discussion between team members to ensure total team buy-in, informed decision-making, and development efficiency.
- Lead Process: Suggest and lead process improvement initiatives. Identify inefficiencies and find opportunities for improvement.
- Document Operations: Maintain up to date documentation and scheduling information by taking notes and disseminating information to the team and to stakeholders.
- Align Stakeholders: Reach consensus on development schedules with all stakeholders, and manage those by highlighting task priorities, departmental interdependencies, resource issues and risks.
- Project Management: Ensuring projects are delivered on time and of high quality. Ability to manage project roadmaps and coordinate with development teams and internal departments to ensure the creative vision and timeline is maintained throughout development. Consult with internal and external stakeholders to define requirements and communicate effectively with the development team. Able to manage individual titles and an entire portfolio of games.
- Game Mechanics: Understanding of gameplay mechanics, monetization systems, UI design, and other aspects of a game's core design. Ability to deconstruct internal and external games and apply best practices and trends to the portfolio.
- Team Management: Maintaining a strong presence within both the development team and the broader company. Is able to analyze a situation and troubleshoot solutions and improvements to the org.
- Decisiveness: Making and taking responsibility for, and demonstrating a commitment to appropriate decisions in a timely manner. Ensuring that decisions are made based on policies and organizational directives and that they are solving the emerging problems.
Basic and Preferred Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience as a Producer/Producer.
- Experience working in Agile / Scrum.
- Experience working with Jira.
- Experience working in the gaming industry is preferred.
- Experience working with external stakeholders is preferred.
Minimum Qualifications, Job Skills, Abilities
- Expert communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Experience working in Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Passion for the free to play mobile games business.
- Self-motivated, independent problem-solver, intellectually curious, and ambitious.
- 401K Match Program.
- Unlimited snacks, hot coffee, and cold brew on tap.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance.
- Flexible Time off and Paid Family Leave.
- Build awesome games with premier IP holders.
This position is for our San Diego, CA
location. To apply, click here
or use the application form below.
Kongregate is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.