Kongregate is a leading game publisher, game developer, web gaming destination, and the owner of the Kartridge PC gaming platform. We are focused on supporting the growth of independent game developers and player communities. Our mission is to build a safe place for everyone to share their passion for games.
What started as a small team of gaming evangelists has grown into a thriving business with over 120 employees across 4 offices: our headquarters in San Francisco and 3 satellite offices in Portland, Chicago, & San Diego. A subsidiary of leading international digital entertainment group, MTG, we are a tight-knit team of gamers that works hard and plays harder, all while maintaining sustainable work hours.
Our mobile games, including the idle genre-defining AdVenture Capitalist and collectible card game Animation Throwdown, have been downloaded hundreds of millions of times.
Data Driven Culture
The Insights and Analytics team is responsible for providing data-driven insights and analytics support across the company. As a Senior Data Analyst your mission is to work closely with product leaders across our different programs to provide actionable insights that will help them better execute their strategies. You will achieve this by:
- Helping build internal tools to automate regular data analyses.
- Driving analytical projects that span across multiple programs and functions.
- Providing reporting and performance monitoring to game teams and marketing using data drawn from diverse sources.
- Working with data engineers to maintaining data integrity and transparency to increase data confidence across all programs that rely on it.
- Establishing management dashboards to provide actionable and timely business insights.
- Overseeing the design and maintenance of standardized schemas for tracking game events and data.
- Guiding game teams in proper experimental design, implementation, and analysis.
- Executing quantitative deep-dive analyses that translate data into actionable insights.
Qualifications (Education and/or Experience)
Our ideal candidate is an avid gamer and a SQL expert with a love for analytics and statistics. What you should bring to the team:
- Quantitative degree (Engineering, Math, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience performing quantitative analysis, preferable for a technology company.
- Expert knowledge of databases and SQL. Extensive experience querying large data sets.
- Affinity for playing mobile games (preferred).
- Expert understanding of statistics.
- Proficient problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient communication skills and ability to present data in an easy-to-understand format.
- Proficient ability to explain technical topics to a non-technical audience.
- Experience with A/B testing design and readouts.
- Experience automating analysis using analytics packages in languages like R or Python.
- Ability to execute research projects, and generate practical results and recommendations.
- Self-motivated, intellectually curious, and ambitious.
- Enjoy working in both individual and team settings.
This position can be filled at our Portland location
. To apply, click here
or use the application form below.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For San Francisco-based employment, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.