Ultrabit is committed to building fun, engaging, and enduring free-to-play games on both mobile and web.
We are an execution-oriented team that enjoys making games as much as playing them. We measure our efforts through results rather than hours worked and value the importance of a work-life/family balance on top of offering competitive pay and benefits. As our studio grows, our culture remains built around small game teams and high levels of accountability across each team member. We want people who can be responsible for their work, are comfortable with autonomy, and can deliver results - and have a blast doing it!
We’re searching for an extraordinary Executive Producer who either resides in or is willing to relocate to San Diego, appropriately known as America’s Finest City. The Executive Producer position is responsible for the oversight and success of our games, our people, and our studio’s mission. You will work closely with studio leads in all aspects of game creation, games-as-a-service, and studio management. Your responsibilities include game production (through all development stages), strategic studio planning, fostering company culture, and finding opportunities to improve development on both new and live products.
You should have a real passion for games and game development. You demonstrate strong leadership skills, have a solid eye for the game business, deep understanding of design, analytical sensibilities, and a rich understanding of the mobile F2P market. You are highly motivated and thrive in a collaborative environment. You know how to organize for success and take great pride crafting amazing experiences for our players.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Your primary areas of focus will be:
- Game Development/Live Operations: You will own all phases of the development cycle
- Work to define and execute against entire product schedules and live operation roadmaps
- Lead product development and run day-to-day tasking for the team
- Identify process gaps and implement efficiency improvements across all titles within the studio
- Champion and support the team to ensure the timely completion of product milestones, releases, and studio initiatives
- Work with brand licensors to secure and manage properties required for our products
- Locate, select, and manage outsource vendors to optimize studio operations
- Identify market opportunities for future studio projects
- Work closely with the studio leads in all facets of studio operations
- Refine and support the studio’s long-term vision
- Maintain accurate P&Ls and assist with financial planning
- Assist with staffing and hiring decisions
- Provide insights and best practices around production, live-ops, team health, player feedback, etc.
- Creative Orientation — leveraging an ability to transcend traditional ideas, rules, patterns, and relationships to create meaningful new ideas, processes, products, and general solutions to relevant business opportunities
- Entrepreneurship — using one’s understanding of the consumer market to create and seize business opportunities, expand into new markets, and launch innovative products and services.
- Planning and Organizing — establishing courses of action of self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Analytical Acumen — examining problems, situations, opportunities, and data to identify causes, key factors, and potential outcomes with the desire to improve overall business results
Basic and Preferred Qualifications (Education and/or Experience)
- High school diploma or GED required; bachelor’s degree from an accredited business or IT-related program preferred
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience as a game developer or related field (e.g. software, analytics)
- Preferred: Shipped multiple mobile free-to-play titles
Minimum Qualifications, Job Skills, Abilities
- Expert understanding of game development
- Proven expertise in both business and project management
- Adept at coordinating work across all key game development disciplines
- Can expertly balance quality, creativity, timelines, schedule, and resources.
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Create and execute roadmaps based on critical metrics and player insights
- Excellent team-building and motivational skills, especially written and verbal communication
- Familiarity with a wide selection of project management methodologies
- Creative problem-solver and strategic planner
- Able to work with team leads and product stakeholders to align studio priorities
- Proficient ability to inspire and support creative thinking from others
- Proficient understanding of consumer-facing gaming trends
- Recommended: Mastered Agile Development / Scrum Master certification
- Recommended: Experience with hands-on game design
- Recommended: Experience writing and presenting product design specifications
- Recommended: Comfortable with math
This position is for our San Diego
location. To apply, click here
or use the application form below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.