Working with general supervision, the Senior Software Engineer, Ultrabit is an autonomous individual contributor working on building and developing games on electronic devices. Contributors in this role are seen as autonomous and can pick up new tools and languages quickly. They have a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals and how they apply to making games. They will work closely with the technical leads, architects, and product managers to make sure quality and business objectives are achieved. They should have a direct impact on the product; pushing new features on a weekly cadence.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop best of class games on mobile and web enabled devices using Unity and C#
- Creates and pushes features that align with product objectives autonomously
- Uses project management tools
- Works closely with the producer to accomplish sprint goals
- Breakdown specs and tasks into logical components
- Identifies bugs and issues with the codebase
- Architect systems and make engine code improvements.
- Mentor Junior/Software Engineers and perform code reviews.
- Expert in mobile platform development with experience shipping games for Android and IOS devices.
- Solve problems in live operations
- Able to work autonomously with little direction
- Identifies improvements in engineering workflows, performance and integrations
- Writes code 85-100% of the time
Basic and Preferred Qualifications (Education and/or Experience)
- A minimum of 5 years of software engineering experience in the games industry required.
- Experience shipping at least 2 mobile games (cross platform preferred, iOS, android, web, etc)
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related technical discipline.Professional experience in games development.
- Responsibility: Acts responsibly with the interests of the larger community in mind. Takes initiative to take on new responsibilities, resolve problems, and act on opportunities. Maintains commitment to goals in the face of obstacles and frustrations.
- Communication: Strongly voices opinions in area of expertise. Presents several different arguments in support of a position. Other team members look for their opinion. Selects language and examples tailored to the level and experience of the audience.
- Collaboration: Expertly communicates constructive criticism (e.g. backed by reasoning, emphasizes points of agreement, suggests alternative options). Skillfully negotiates and manages conflict. Provides assistance, information, and support to others while expressing gratitude to others who have done the same, to build a basis for future reciprocity.
- Analytical Thinking: Evaluates alternative approaches theoretically before having to actually implement a solution to determine fitness. Identifies root causes of a problem prior to implementation. Approaches a complex task or problem by breaking it down into its component parts and considering each part in detail.
- Software Development: Deep understanding of full stack software engineering, 3rd party services, associated risks, cost implications and strategy for developing and maintaining the highest quality software.
- Technical: Demonstrated ability to use Unity and C# to develop, ship and maintain games across multiple platforms including web and mobile.
Minimum Qualifications, Job Skills, Abilities
- Experience shipping at least (2) mobile games
- Working knowledge of client and server interactions
- Working ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing priorities with promptness, efficiency and ease
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Proficient at communicating and collaborating well with others
- Expert at using game engines and tools such as Unity or Unreal
- Expert at picking up new tools and languages quickly
- Expert at using an OOP language such as C++/C# or equivalent
- Expert in mobile platform development
This position is for our San Diego location.
To apply, click here
or use the application form below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.