***Must Be Able To Travel*****
We visit patients in their homes, facilities, etc... so you must have reliable transportation and be timely. We are a Primary Care Physician office providing traditional Primary Care but in the patient's home.
We are willing to move your from the home visiting physician group into our umbrella organization if your performance is outstanding.
Seeking a long-term employment relationship for a Full-Time career. Must be willing and able to travel and have reliable transportation! This position exists to perform a variety of patient care services as directed by the Physician(s) and/or Physician Assistants in a visiting physician practice specialty. Assures smooth patient flow, assists with clinic examination follow-ups and procedures, collects patient information, prepares medications as needed to support the providers and schedule between your team members. You will be tasked with pre-registering patients in their homes. The primary responsibility will be to administer vaccines.
The majority of our patients are located in the Greater Detroit area. You will be tasked with traveling to visit them on a regular basis.
Responsible for prioritization of patient flow through clinical processes individually, and in a team-oriented environment. Requires exceptional interpersonal and customer service-oriented communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion. Exemplifies service orientation and the team concept in all interactions. The ability to work effectively with culturally diverse, as well as low-income populations in a fast-paced environment is critical.
Will prepare patients for exam and treatment by taking and recording vital signs, symptoms and other necessary measurements and recording chief complaints; documents pain scores as appropriate. Reports condition of patient which may be indicative of a change in patient’s condition to the clinician. Maintains a clean, functional environment including basic sanitation of equipment, exam rooms, and storage areas. Disinfects equipment and instruments using appropriate solutions following sterilization procedures. Assists providers with exams and minor in-office procedures and acts as a chaperone as needed. Scanning patient documents and inputting data assisting with the EMR transfer of the practice.
In time candidate will learn to rotate to assist with medication prescriptions, coordination with pharmacies, authorizations when applicable, scheduling next clinic/procedure (when applicable) appointments. Complacency will only limit you and your team in this fast-paced environment.
On that same note, this is a family-oriented, stable work environment where there is the longevity of staff spanning beyond the inception of this practice. We expect you to ask questions, check for understanding, work independently with integrity, work well with your team, provide the leadership the proper respect, ask for help, treat others how you want to be treated, and most importantly simply get the job done!
- Male Applicants are also welcome and highly encouraged to apply.
- Being Bilingual in English/Spanish is a requirement. Medically Bilingual a plus!
- Experience in a visiting physician practice will set you apart from other applicants.
- Knowledge of various medical insurance plans/payers such as Workers Comp/Personal Injury, Medicare, and Managed Care Operations as examples are helpful.
- Employee Reliability and Excellent Customer Service/Interpersonal Skills a must!
- Be of a mature and professional nature, able to Lead By Example and Work with Integrity. Must display confidence in yourself, to the medical director, providers, supervisor, and manager, and most importantly to the patients.
- Urinary Drug Testing administered to all employees. Background check as needed.
- Appropriate responsible cash handling skills mandatory and necessary.
- Hourly Rate DOE. Please keep in mind that this position for the right candidate has been done by externs trained after hire to senior experienced hires.
- Requires basic computer skills of today's standards including the ability to work with medical software. Electronic Medical Record (Microsoft compatible) and appointment scheduling software knowledge preferred. Scanning and Basic Data Entry familiarity helpful.
- Have a flexible enough schedule (during clinic business hours) should future traveling projects come up as needed.
- Ability to assist teammates with satellite clinic supplies in tow.
- Requires basic data entry and math skills - Expectation from properly logging in and submitting in real-time.
- It requires the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience coordinating med calls/prescriptions between the patients and pharmacies with tactful diplomacy needed. Already knowing how to do pre-authorizations are a bonus as well!
- Requires the ability to work independently and assist with medical procedures. (If applicable)
- OSHA familiarity and HIPAA knowledge/Compliance in practice.
- Imperative that this candidate knows how to use proper patient lift techniques when needed if tasked to work on the procedural side.
- Experienced in the Healthcare Field enough to be in the position of a trainer to others a plus!
- Other misc. duties incorporated as assigned as needed and necessary as the business dictates.
Upon fully reading this complete job description, if you are not qualified for this position, please do not blind apply. Thank you.
Absolutely NO direct calls to the practice or to our organization, please! If you call any of our offices you will be immediately removed from the position and that of all of the clients we are recruiting for.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-Time
- Medical Assistant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Visiting Physician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Office: 2 years (Preferred)
- Registered or Certified Medical Assistant (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Weekend (Preferred)
- Flexible after 2 months of successful employment, until then
- Monday - Friday 9 am - 5 pm