Phlebotomist job summary
Our health care organization is in need of an experienced Phlebotomist to join our growing team. The Phlebotomist will be responsible for drawing blood, tagging each sample and then working closely with the lab to make sure that the proper samples are delivered for each patient. The successful candidate will also deliver excellent patient service, answer patient questions, act as a resource for patient information and strengthen the relationship between the patient and our entire medical facility.
- Collect and tag specimens exactly as outlined in each medical requisition
- Develop effective collection techniques as they relate to groups such as pediatric and geriatric patients
- Properly package each specimen and ensure that every specimen is delivered to the laboratory on time
- Maintain an organized and clean work area based on state health laws and the guidelines of our medical organization
- Answer patient questions regarding collection techniques and offer additional resources on the collection process if a patient requests them