Title of Position: Receptionist/Front Desk
Title of Immediate supervisor: Office Manager or Administrator
Greet visitors, answer incoming telephone calls and fax transmissions. Transfer calls appropriately. Provide clerical support and assist with projects as delegated.
- Greet people as they enter the Agency, answers calls, answers general information questions, screens visitors and delivers messages.
- Type memos, correspondence, agendas and reports as required.
- Assist with accounting functions as assigned.
- Make appointments and informs staff members of meetings.
- Maintain files for the Agency.
- Open mail and distribute it to the appropriate person or area.
- Assist with filing of correspondence.
- Photocopying as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Position is stressful in terms of meeting deadlines.
- It is primarily a desk job which essentially involves sitting, standing, stooping and walking, as well as an inordinate amount of telephone communication.
- It requires minimal lifting of office records and printouts.
- The ability to read 12 point and larger type is required.
- One must be able to hear adequately on the telephone with no more than an amplifier and be able to communicate
- English Proficient both verbally and in writing.
The job requires the ability to utilize a PC, calculator, multi-line telephone, and other related office equipment.
Has access to all patient medical and financial records, which may be discussed with all management staff.
- High school or equivalent experience to the Job description.
- Previous office experience, preferably in health care.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and/or general medical background preferred
- Demonstrated strong telephone skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- Speak, read, write, and comprehend English.
- Adequate personal hygiene and proper attire
- Friendly and welcoming demeanor and the ability to deal with difficult customers or visitors
- Negative criminal background check.