As the first point of contact of the clients, greet visitors, answer incoming telephone calls and fax transmissions. Transfer calls appropriately. Provide clerical support, secretarial duties and assist with projects as delegated. Provides outstanding customer service support to all clients.
- Greet people as they enter the Agency, answers calls, answers general information questions, screens visitors and delivers messages.
- Type memos, correspondence, agendas and reports as required.
- Assist with accounting functions as assigned.
- Make appointments and informs staff members of meetings.
- Maintain files for the Agency.
- Open mail and distribute it to the appropriate person or area.
- Assist with filing of correspondence.
- Photocopying as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school or equivalent experience to the Job description.
- Certified or registered MA is an advantage
- Previous office experience, preferably in health care and/or EMR experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology and/or general medical background preferred
- Demonstrated strong telephone skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- Speak, read, write, and comprehend English.
- Adequate personal hygiene and proper attire
- Friendly and welcoming demeanour and the ability to deal with difficult customers or visitors
- Must have a criminal background check.
The job requires the ability to utilize a PC, calculator, multi-line telephone, and other related office equipment.