The candidate will be responsible for providing professional medical care for clinic patients,
assists Physician and staff in coordinating patient care, liaison between patients, staff and
physician and responses to patient requests. He/she is also in charge of organizational and
clerical support tasks. This may include organizing files, scheduling appointments, writing copy,
proofreading, handle incoming phone calls and other communications, greeting clients and
visitors, as well as updating paperwork and other documents, and performing other general
office clerk duties and errands.
Candidates must have at least 1-year experience in medical and administrative tasks. Able to
write clearly and proficient with word processing applications. A pleasing personality with strong
communication skills is also highly valued. Ability to work well under limited supervision.
● Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness.
Prepares a list of medical supplies needed. Prepares equipment and aids physician
during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
● Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screens patients for
appropriate information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
● Maintains/reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Records tests
and examination results in the patient's chart.
● Responds to/refers incoming patient treatment-related phone calls. Instructs patient
and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
● Maintains patient confidentiality.
● Schedules referrals and tests.
● Managing filing system, creating, maintaining, and entering information into databases.
● Updating paperwork, maintaining documents and word processing.
● Helping organize and maintain an office in common areas.
● Performing general office clerk duties and errands.
● Organizing travel by booking accommodations and reservations needs as required.
● Other related tasks that can be assigned from time to time.
● Skill inappropriate assessment and assistance techniques.
● Skill inappropriate use of universal precautions, safe workplace and confidentiality
● Skill in health information management by appropriately charting patient data.
● Skills in Organization, planning and work management and prioritizing
● Skills in verbal and written communication
● Problem-solving ability, accuracy and attention in detail
● Must be flexible and can effectively as a team member
Must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the job position such as:
● Knowledge of basic nursing principles and protocols.
● Knowledge of policies and procedures related to infection control, environmental safety
and patient confidentiality.
● Knowledge of medical chart reporting/records.