Greet visitors, answer incoming telephone calls and fax transmissions. Transfer calls appropriately. Provide clerical support and assist with projects as delegated.
- Greet people as they enter the Agency, answers calls, answers general information questions, screens visitors and delivers messages.
- Type memos, correspondence, agendas and reports as required.
- Assist with accounting functions as assigned.
- Make appointments and informs staff members of meetings.
- Maintain files for the Agency.
- Open mail and distribute it to the appropriate person or area.
- Assist with filing of correspondence.
- Photocopying as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Job Conditions points
- The position is stressful in terms of meeting deadlines.
- It is primarily a desk job which essentially involves sitting, standing, stooping and walking, as well as an inordinate amount of telephone communication.
- It requires minimal lifting of office records and printouts.
- The ability to read 12 point and larger type are required.
- One must be able to hear adequately on the telephone with no more than an amplifier and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing in English.
The job requires the ability to utilize a PC, calculator, multi-line telephone, and other related office equipment.
Has access to all patient medical and financial records, which may be discussed with all management staff.
- High school or equivalent experience to the Job description.
- Previous office experience, preferably in health care.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and/or general medical background preferred
- Demonstrated strong telephone skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- Speak, read, write, and comprehend English.
- Adequate personal hygiene and proper attire
- Friendly and welcoming demeanor and the ability to deal with difficult customers or visitors
- Must have a criminal background check.