Provides coordinated care to all patients by assisting, managing and monitoring patient care. This includes monitoring and coordinating the patient’s treatment plans, educate them about their conditions and connect them to their health care providers.
- Assesses the patient's general condition and takes vital signs and weight.
- Educates patient/family about diagnostic procedures, and maintenance of health and wellness.
- Schedules patient appointments and procedures according to established protocol.
- Coordinates community and medical practice partnerships including participating in public health fairs and events.
- Develop a care plan to address their personal health care needs of the patient.
- Treat patients with empathy and respect and conduct oneself in a professional manner.
- Comply with organizational guidelines and health care laws and regulations
- Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screens patients for appropriate information.
- Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness. Prepares a list of medical supplies needed. Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
- Maintains/reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information.
- Responds to/refers incoming patient treatment-related phone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding preoperative and postoperative care.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Perform other related duties as directed or required.
- Certified or registered MA is an advantage
- Previous office experience, preferably in health care and/or EMR experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology and/or general medical background preferred
- Demonstrated strong telephone skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- Speak, read, write, and comprehend English.
- Adequate personal hygiene and proper attire
- Friendly and welcoming demeanour and the ability to deal with difficult customers or visitors
- Must have a criminal background check.
The job requires the ability to utilize a PC, calculator, multi-line telephone, and other related office equipment.
Varied activities including standing, walking, reaching, bending and lifting. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Must be able to use a variety of office equipment. Occasionally lifting and carrying files up to 50 pounds. May require working under stressful conditions.
Normal office and exam room environment. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.