Gerontologists possess expertise in human ageing, effects of ageing and produces ageing-related knowledge, craft and deploy practical interventions, and issue practical aid to a caregiver for elderly folks. Help to improve the lives of elderly citizens coping with family problems, long-term illnesses, disability issues, unemployment, psychological abnormalities, and housing displacements.
Develop group activities for the elderly to contribute to their lifestyle adjustments, help to cope with possible health issues and promote a healthier life.
- Responsible in investigating and learning the developments across ageing context
- Will work with other researches and healthcare specialists to further comprehend ageing-related factors
- Involves in the building capacity in other experts and/or among caregivers to enhance the effectiveness of care for elderly
- May act as a consultant on psychosocial, housing, accessibility and related need of the elderly to combat stigma and foster collaborative care and wellness of elderly individuals
- Facilitates life skills classes that contribute to the wellness of elderly individuals
- Maintain historical records by documenting symptoms, medications, and treatment events and writing summaries.
- Keep abreast of advancements in their specialization as Gerontologist and best practices by attending seminars and conferences
- Be prepared to leave at the end of the day only after patient care is completed.
- Be willing to sign off on PA and Nurse Practitioner and/or caregivers notes as well as review lab results and imaging studies during downtime (non-patient care periods during the clinical shift).
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Understand the concepts of universal precautions, HIPAA and OSHA.
- Holds certification after specialized training
- Excellent decision making, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and researching skills.
- Experience with EHR (electronic health records) preferred
- Proficiency with computers and medical equipment.
- Ability to speak multiple languages will be advantageous.
- Must have a criminal background check.
- Obtained a degree in Gerontology, Social Work, Psychology, Neuroscience, or similar
- Obtained certifications specializing in Gerontology
- Obtained a Masteral and a Doctorate relevant to the field is an advantage
- 5+ years’ experience in the field of Gerontology, Caregiving and/or Social Work,
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to type or perform a physical examination on patients.
The employee is required to stand and walk. Clinical shifts may require a decent amount of physical stamina given the duration of shift work. The employee must occasionally lift/move 30 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.