Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
Job Title :
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner/Advanced Practice Nurse
General Summary of Duties :
Provides health care to patients in the hospital or office setting. Works in consultation, cooperation, and coordination through a collaborative physician. Functions according to the established standards and practices of medicine for Advanced Practice Nurse/Nurse Practitioner in the State of Michigan.when a child is sick or injured, it's not enough for a hospital to have the most qualified doctors and advanced technologies. It's not enough to just have caring nurses and kind doctors in a kid-friendly non-threatening environment. You need to have access to a team that works together flawlessly, with one goal in mind: healing children as quickly and happily as possible.
As a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, you will be responsible and accountable for the application of the nursing process, supervision of clinical practices, research involvement, consultative services, inter and intra-departmental liaison, education, leadership, and patient care management across the health care continuum from preventative, acute care through discharge.
• You will incorporate both independent decision-making abilities and collaboration with the board-certified/eligible physician to deliver expert care to the patients.
• You will be responsible for the medical director and the chief nursing officer (CNO) and functions as an integral part of the medical team.
• You will provide individualized care upholding CSHS philosophies including but not limited to care consistent with Nursing Standards of Care/Practice, the Plan for Provision of Nursing Care, the Plan for Provision of Patient Care, the Performance Improvement Plan, the Patient Education Plan, the Professional Organization Standards, Code of Conduct, and hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
• You will demonstrate the ability to deliver care to a special patient population and those with diverse cultural backgrounds.
• You will perform all job duties with sensitivity and attention to age and developmental achievements of the population(s) served which may include neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
• You will identify the ability of the age-specific population served to follow directions/instructions and give consent.
• You will identify safety concerns and institute measures to deliver a safe environment and provide appropriate assessment, intervention, and evaluation of patients with consideration of developmental achievements in the population served
Masters Degree in Nursing and Primary Health Care or Cardiology is required. Experience: A minimum of 1 to 3 years work experience as a Nurse Practitioner is required.
Current certifications in BLS, CPR, AMA, APA and ACLS are required with current RN license and Nurse Practitioner licensure with current certification from the Society of Pediatric Nurses (SPN), American Association of Nurse Practitioners, (AANP) or the American Nursing Credentialing Center, (ANCC), Society of Physician Assistants in Pediatrics, American Pediatric Society
Special Skills :
Current BLS and ACLS certifications are required. Above average skills in
clinical procedures are required. Understanding and ability to follow OSHA
requirements and provide instruction to staff on safety hazards and precautions are necessary. Must understand general insurance protocols and billing guidelines and regulations. Professional verbal and written communication skills are required to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians, team: members and the
public. The ability for analytical and critical thinking and solid problem solving is essential.
- Planning: Effectively plan for the impact of additional services/programs added to the organization.
- Organizing: Identifying the most effective/efficient mechanisms to benefit the organization.
- Implementation: Follow organizational plans, goals, and objectives.
- Reasoning: Able to analyze situations in order to bring about a favorable solution.
- Leadership: Professionally challenge self to demonstrate a higher level of contribution and commitment.
- Self-Development: Possess a commitment to personal development and the ability to function as an expert resource for the organization.
- Communication: Utilize excellent written and oral modes of interpersonal communication.
- Decision Making: Review the situation at hand or appropriate data and make objective decisions on the issue that positively affect the organization.