A little about us...
Komodo is a well-respected product design and development team, working with ambitious organisations across the UK. We value curiosity, integrity and courage so we look to work with clients where their team's values align well with ours, to help us do our best work.
The variety of our projects allows us to work using leading-edge technology, tooling and processes. We’re trusted to work with clients like Citizens Advice, ITV, College of Policing and Newcastle Uni amongst others to deliver products used by millions of people across the UK.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, as an account manager at Komodo, you’d be responsible for understanding the needs of each prospect and client, building account value through repeat business, being the port of call for account-related client support and collaborating with the project manager for the successful completion of projects.
A strong candidate will have emotional intelligence, commercial acumen, self-awareness and be a natural extrovert. We’re looking for someone who wants to build relationships whilst turning clients into advocates.
Working together is better than working alone, so we encourage quality feedback between peers in the design and development team to share knowledge and know-how. Everyone’s opinion counts, so if you want to help influence the outcomes of a project for the better, use your voice and shout up.
We believe that you eventually become the average of the people you spend your time around, so we’ve worked hard to build a team of talented people who bounce off each other’s strengths. If that sounds like a team you want to contribute to and thrive in, you'll have:
- 3+ years of demonstrable account management experience.
- A thorough understanding of client engagement, retention and value creation.
- A knack for building rapport.
- Understanding of the sector and domain. (software design and development).
Perks & Benefits
Paying people fairly and competitively, providing balanced perks and a work environment where they’re valued is a no brainer. We do our best to deliver on these core commitments. If you’re a member of the team, we provide;
- A salary matched to your experience and expertise.
- Central Newcastle location with excellent transport links. (https://w3w.co/ally.gifts.dance)
- Flexible working to support a productive and balanced week. (11 am - 3 pm core)
- 25 days holiday p/a as standard. (Plus public holidays. 33 total)
- Healthy and not so healthy (but super tasty) snacks with fresh fruit.
- Herman Miller chairs, so good you'll never want to stand again.
- Hardware that can handle multiple Chrome tabs. (A 15" laptop and 24" Dell monitor)
- Surprise Starbucks coffees, cakes and pastries.
- Unlimited fresh bean-to-cup coffee and a selection of continental tea.
- When it's really hot outside, ice cream appears on your desk.
- Communal Nintendo Switch loaded with games to trigger people at lunch.
- Dog-friendly office. Shadow, the office doggo, is a great relaxation aid.
- Outdoor breakout space offering unlimited vitamin D. (Disclaimer: when it’s sunny)
- Send your CV (no cover letter needed)
- A 1-hour in-person interview to get to know you. (Experience, attitude and aptitude)
- A 1-hour in-person interview to understand how you’d succeed in the role.
This is a fixed-term 12-month contract for maternity cover of an account management role. If you'd like to ask questions before applying for the role, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.