About The Role
We are searching for a highly skilled Technical Writer to join our team. This role will sit in our Exclusive Brands/Private Label Team. The team play an integral part of our product range - after all, this is how our business started! The team select the most relevant products, working with suppliers and product testers to bring the most relevant products to market at the best value price.
Your passion for the eCommerce world of technology will be glaringly obvious, and you’ll use that passion to drive your creation of user and support guides for our products.
The online retail market is fast-paced and constantly evolving, so being able to quickly react to changes in demand and market trends is essential for success.
The Role of Technical Writer sees the successful candidate:
- Develop, publish and maintain high-quality user manuals and guides for customers to follow so that customers have easy to understand technical information and troubleshooting relating to our products
- Review and improve all current user manuals (prioritised by the Director of Exclusive Brands)
- Gather all requirements for each product by liaising with relevant teams to create content that improves the customer experience and enjoyment of our products. Work with Import/Buying/Customer Care and Product Testing teams to ensure that every product has a logical and coherent user guide and support manual that makes it easy for customers to follow
- Create, organise and maintain a comprehensive set of documentation fit for external use (aligned with relevant guidelines) and internal use (such as training materials)
- Create a User Guide Library for all Kogan.com Exclusive Brands products
- Review, research and recommend other modalities (such as videos) to improve ways to communicate user guides with customers about Kogan.com Exclusive Brand products
- Work with Customer Care teams and Customer Care Manager to provide recommendations, input and content for training guides and materials for customer-facing team members
To be successful in this role you must be/have:
- Previous proven experience as a Technical Writer (or equivalent role)
- University Degree qualified in a relevant field (Engineering or Technical discipline)
- Highly analytical and a logical thinker
- Ability to communicate clearly and to simplify technical concepts and explain them
- Strong experience writing user guide and technical documentation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A multi-tasking ninja - we expect you to juggle 50 different tasks at once without dropping the ball (we’re not kidding)
- Tech savvy and ability to use various IT and cloud-based tools to improve efficiency and productivity
- Graphics software, video editing, HTML code skills desirable
- Ready to challenge, be challenged, and work within our highly disruptive business model
Think you have what it takes to be part of Team Kogan.com?
Express your interest in this opportunity by uploading your CV and along with it a cover letter that describes your previous experience, what you are passionate about and how you think you can help grow the Kogan business.
Applications that show a deep knowledge of the Kogan.com business and how we operate will be looked upon more favourably.
We’re Kogan.com - pioneers of Australian e-commerce.
We were born in a south-eastern suburb Melbourne garage in 2006 from a young entrepreneur's idea to revolutionise the supply-chain to make the latest products more affordable. Now, we’re the largest Australian pure-play online retail website with hundreds of thousands of visitors each day and a customer base of over a million Aussie shoppers.
Our success is built off technology and digital efficiency to make the most in-demand products and services more affordable and accessible for all Australians.
In our team, we thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-performance culture where we work hard and play harder. We aren’t afraid of change, we embrace it.
We love being pushed outside our comfort zone and being challenged to continuously deliver the best value to our customers and that sets us apart from the rest.
- Kogan.com is a fast-paced business - our vacancy close dates are subject to change. We will assess applications as they are received, so don't wait to apply!
- All new Kogan.com team members are required to undergo a National Police Record check and must have full-time Australian working rights on an ongoing basis.