We’re seeking out a driven Business Analyst to play a key role in our fast-paced digital product development team! We’re not going to lie - it’s not an easy gig - there is a huge amount of responsibility and impact for this role - but for the right candidate, it will be the best role you’ve ever had! ;)
The software we build (and there is a lot!) is used by millions of customers, so this role has a huge impact. The team you will be a key member of is fast-paced, independent, ambitious and proficient across the full tech stack. They’ll challenge your assumptions and proposed solutions, and push you to better solve problems or define solutions.
If you’re looking for a regular 9-5 office job then we’re not for you. We’re looking for ambitious people prepared to do whatever is required to get the right solution live for our customers and built efficiently - advocating for the best customer experience on Kogan.com.
In order to join the team, you’ll be:
- A problem solver with an analytical mindset, even better, if you have experience with business, data, customer (or even financial-type) analysis! We are looking for exceptional logic and analytical skills over limiting our reach to people only in software development.
- Someone with excellent communication skills, ideally experienced in ‘managing’ stakeholders, project management and gathering requirements from the business to achieve the desired outcome(s). You’ll both learn about, present and optimise business goals to our tech team in order for the right technology to be built, efficiently.
- Someone with great attention to detail, whilst being able to manage multiple priorities and lots of context switching - you will thrive on knowing everything from the broader business objective(s) to the edge cases.
- Experience with software development is a plus, but if you do, we want you to care about the full SDLC and not just writing BRD’s! You’ll love working alongside our developers and designers to advocate for the business, customer and technology objectives.
- Someone who is accountable, organised, upbeat, super motivated and experimental. We want our business analysts to be passionate about building amazing software and technology solutions for our millions of customers - whether that be new functionality on the sites we build and maintain, integrations with third parties or performance optimisations to keep everything running super smoothly for our customers!
What you’ll do:
You will be working within our core engineering team to service both our internal stakeholders and most importantly, our customers. To do this, your role on the team will be to:
- Be the ‘front door’ of our tech team - working with our site and customer data, stakeholders, partners and customers to agree, document and prioritise future and in-flight technology changes.
- Break down ambitious business goals into smaller technology deliverables that our software engineers can iteratively push through to production;
- Understand and document acceptance criteria, facilitating scope management, quality and timeliness as a requirement makes it way through the entire software delivery lifecycle;
- Drive the focus on shipping to production as quickly as possible, using data to identify, escalate and improve delivery bottlenecks to ensure our software delivery lifecycle flows efficiently; and
- Understand and document estimated and actual business value delivered to provide insights into future improvements.
- Understand how to organise your workload and break down your time to focus on tasks and get outcomes delivered daily
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line beginning with [BA2020]. (Do not use the application buttons etc on the site hosting the listing, they will not be reviewed!) Tell us about yourself, your relevant experience (CV/process mapping, analysis / projects outcomes/etc) and why you’d like to work with us.
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a part of Australia’s e-commerce future?
[JOB SEO KEYWORDS TO ENSURE THIS JOB FINDS THE RIGHT PEOPLE]
Business Analyst, Product Owner, Analyst, Systems Analyst, Iteration Manager, Agile, Lean, Design Thinking, Systems Thinking, Scrum, Project Management, PMO, Data, Big Data, Business Intelligence, Data Analyst, Problem Solver, Innovation, Product Management, Process Mapping, User Stories, User Journeys, Customer Experience, User Experience, Strategy