Express your interest in Sourcing/Buying/Category/Commercial Manager Roles with a leader in Australian eCommerce!
About The Opportunities
We are always on the hunt for the best and brightest talent for our Sourcing/Buying/Category Management Commercial roles - do you think you have what it takes? We would love to hear from you...Express your interest now!
Our Import and Buying teams play a crucial role in our business. They source the best quality products to ensuring that we have the latest and most in-demand products available and ready to delight customers.
Our sourcing teams focus on key areas including:
- Exclusive Brands/Private Label Team play an integral part of our product range - after all, this is how our business started! The team select the most relevant products, working with suppliers and product testers to bring the most relevant products to market at the best value price.
- Import - Global Brands Team seek out and source all the items we directly import to our customers from suppliers across the world. They negotiate the best deals to pass on savings to our customers. You will be working on exciting new brands, getting the latest, greatest and trending products for our customers!
- Partner Brands Team responsible for the sourcing of globally recognised brand name products directly from the manufacturer. Sourcing the best deals available for our customers and ensuring we have a suitable range of the latest and greatest products in the market
- Kogan Marketplace Team is responsible for delivering the Kogan Marketplace offering to our customers including the onboarding of new sellers with the ability to offer their goods to the Kogan Community, therefore providing another channel for the most in demand, quality and affordable products to our customers. Our team fosters and grows relationships with our sellers as a key success factor.
Your passion for the eCommerce world of retail and technology will be glaringly obvious, and you’ll use that passion to drive our product selection.
The online retail market is fast-paced and constantly evolving, so being able to quickly react to changes in demand and market trends is essential for success.
You will need to be prepared to manage the end-to-end supply chain for our products including:
- Market research and analysis
- Demand determination
- Identifying trending in-demand products
- Building relationships with manufacturers, suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiating commercial outcomes
- Assisting with the development of marketing strategies
- Ensuring timely import of products and stock management
You should be/have:
- Previous experience in a highly commercial role such as a Buyer or Category Manager in the retail (or similar) sector - for Exclusive Brands roles - bonus points if you’ve had exposure to Private Label product sourcing before
- University Degree qualified in a relevant field (commerce, analytics, maths, accounting, IT, buying, etc)
- Highly analytical and ready to delve into data - being able to evaluate offers and products quickly to determine if they’re of value to our customers is key
- Excellent commercial and business acumen to make key commercially savvy decisions
- A strong negotiator who’s ready to fight for the best commercial outcomes so that we can offer market leading pricing to our customers
- A multi-tasking ninja - we expect you to juggle 50 different tasks at once without dropping the ball (we’re not kidding)
- A whiz with Microsoft Excel (we’re talking VLOOKUP, Index Matching, pivot tables, advanced formulas, macros - and we will test your capabilities)
- Tech savvy and ability to use various IT and cloud-based tools to improve efficiency and productivity
- Ready to challenge, be challenged, and work within our highly disruptive business model
What’s on offer:
Our culture is high-performance one and we’ve got a lot to offer! We are on a mission to make products and services more affordable and accessible and our work is very rewarding. We can guarantee you’ll be challenged and at times, pushed out of your comfort zone, challenging the status quo and learning as a consequence! You’ll be working on things that are new and exciting with a bunch of talented fellow team members.
We work hard, play hard and we are big fans of keeping active including getting involved in various marathons, soccer and other competitions. We have onsite yoga classes, table tennis competitions (we take it very seriously!), FIFA championships, Daytona and many other games! On top of that, you will also have access to the latest gadgets and tech, alongside other benefits offered within the company as well as by our external partners.
Sound like you? Awesome, we can’t wait to meet you!
Think you have what it takes to be part of Team Kogan.com?
Express your interest in this opportunity by uploading a cover letter with your application that describes your previous experience, what you are passionate about and how you think you can help grow the Kogan business.
Applications that show a deep knowledge of the Kogan.com business and how we operate will be looked upon more favourably.
- Kogan.com is a fast-paced business - our vacancy close dates are subject to change. We will assess applications as they are received, so don't wait to apply!
- All new Kogan.com team members are required to undergo a National Police Record check and must have full-time Australian working rights on an ongoing basis.