About the Role
We're on the lookout for a commercially savvy Business Analyst who wants to be part of Australia's e-Commerce future. If you're a highly motivated recent graduate who is looking to take their first step in their professional career or someone who is looking for an entry-level role to start building their career in Business Intelligence - this may be the perfect fit!
This role will see you get involved with all areas of the business to analyse and visualise data, develop and implement solutions, and make an impact by supporting smarter decision-making.
- Identify innovative solutions and opportunities for improvement in different areas of the business
- Support the data and analytics needs of senior leadership and relevant stakeholders within the organisation
- Take a proactive approach to review, implement, and communicate information and analytical reports to all stakeholders across the organisation
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and generate insights
- Develop reports and dashboards
- Engage with user groups to establish a deep understanding of the operational requirements within the different areas of the business
- Develop Business Intelligence solutions based on the user requirements within the different operational business departments
Qualifications and requirements:
- University Degree qualified in a relevant field (Engineering, IT, Business, Analytics, etc.)
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics and critical thinking
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and simplify complex ideas quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organisation
- Ability to quickly establish a deep understanding of any business function being analysed
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of data modelling and data visualisation principles
- Exceptional communication skills, with positive and practical approach
- Strong personal drive and self-motivation
- Experience with BI platforms (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, etc.) and querying relational database management systems (e.g., SQL) is preferred
Think you've got what it takes to help shape Australia's eCommerce future?
Express your interest in this opportunity by uploading your CV and along with it a cover letter that describes your previous experience, what you are passionate about and how you think you can help grow the Kogan business. Applications that show a deep knowledge of the Kogan.com business and how we operate will be looked upon more favourably.
We’re Kogan.com - pioneers of Australian e-commerce.
We were born in a south-eastern suburb Melbourne garage in 2006 from a young entrepreneur's idea to revolutionise the supply-chain to make the latest products more affordable. Now, we’re the largest Australian pure-play online retail website with hundreds of thousands of visitors each day and a customer base of over millions of shoppers.
Our success is built off technology and digital efficiency to make the most in-demand products and services more affordable and accessible for all.
In our team, we thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-performance culture where we work hard and play harder. We aren’t afraid of change, we embrace it.
We love being pushed outside our comfort zone and being challenged to continuously deliver the best value to our customers and that sets us apart from the rest.
- Kogan.com is a fast-paced business - our vacancy close dates are subject to change. We will assess applications as they are received, so don't wait to apply!
- All new Kogan.com team members are required to have full-time Australian working rights on an ongoing basis.