- Dynamic, analytical and fast-paced role
- Exciting team environment - working with Kogan.com's Exclusive Brands Team
- Use your analytical skills to help game-change Aussie e-Commerce!
About The Role
We're on the look out for a commercially savvy Assistant Category Manager who wants to be part of Australia's e-Commerce future. If you're a highly motivated recent graduate who is looking to take their first step in their professional career or someone who is looking for an entry-level role to start building their career in sourcing - this may be the perfect fit!
This role will see you provide ongoing support our Category Managers with the management of our Exclusive Brands (our Private Label products).
- Market research and analysis
- Sourcing new products and presenting shortlists to Category Managers
- Assisting the Category Managers in day-to-day activities and administrative tasks
- Identifying trending in-demand products
- Prepare and review product listings and promotional materials in the most effective and timely manner
- Ensuring all incoming stock is receipted correctly and in time
- Preparing and auditing end of month and daily stock adjustments
- Maintaining product and order data within the Import Management System
- Monitoring the performance of various product ranges and recommending actions based on insights
- Assisting the Sales, Support, Marketing and other teams with the questions related to Exclusive Brands
- Preparation and updating multiple reports for the team
You should be:
- University Degree qualified in a relevant field (commerce, analytics, maths, accounting, IT, buying, etc).
- Highly analytical and ready to delve into data - being able to evaluate offers and products quickly to determine if they’re of value to our customers is key.
- Willing to learn the art of being a strong negotiator who’s ready to fight for the best commercial outcomes so that we can offer market leading pricing to our customers.
- A multi-tasking ninja - we expect you to juggle 50 different tasks at once without dropping the ball (we’re not kidding).
- A whiz with Microsoft Excel (we’re talking VLOOKUP and pivot tables, not SUM and AVERAGE - and we will test your capabilities).
- Tech savvy and ability to use various IT and cloud-based tools to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Ready to challenge, be challenged, and work within our highly disruptive business model.
Think you've got what it takes to help shape Australia's eCommerce future?
Upload your CV and an introductory cover letter outlining why you want to work for us! Generic cover letters don't cut it here. Make it personal and highly specific to the role.
About The Team
Are you excited by hard and rewarding work? And the prospect of losing lots of sleep thinking about how to delight customers through supply chain innovation and exciting new products? If yes, you could be the right fit to join the team that pioneered eCommerce in Australia.
This is an opportunity in our Exclusive/Private Label Sourcing Team. Our Exclusive Brands are an integral part of our product range - after all, this is how our business started!
You’ll be playing a crucial role in ensuring that we have the latest and most in-demand products in our warehouses and ready to delight customers. Your passion for the eCommerce world of retail and technology will be glaringly obvious, and you’ll use that passion to drive our product selection. The online retail market is fast-paced and constantly evolving, so being able to quickly react to changes in demand and market trends is essential for success.
We’re Kogan.com - pioneers of Australian e-commerce.
We were born in a south-eastern suburb Melbourne garage in 2006 from a young entrepreneur's idea to revolutionise the supply-chain to make the latest products more affordable. Now, we’re the largest Australian pure-play online retail website with hundreds of thousands of visitors each day and a customer base of over a million Aussie shoppers.
Our success is built off technology and digital efficiency to make the most in-demand products and services more affordable and accessible for all Australians.
In our team, we thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-performance culture where we work hard and play harder. We aren’t afraid of change, we embrace it.
We love being pushed outside our comfort zone and being challenged to continuously deliver the best value to our customers and that sets us apart from the rest.
- Kogan.com is a fast-paced business - our vacancy close dates are subject to change. We will assess applications as they are received, so don't wait to apply!
- All new Kogan.com employees are required to have full-time Australian working rights on an ongoing basis.