Koa Sports is looking for experienced basketball trainers. Basketball training is conducted year-round, with opportunities to coach multiple sports if qualified.
Koa Sports is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization, whose purpose is to Shape Kid's Lives Through Sports. We are looking for dedicated coaches who are able to adequately lead and to help guide our kids both on and off the playing field. We believe that coaching kids to become standouts in their respective sports, as well as to be well-rounded and successful people in life, are equally important aspects of Koa's overall mission. At Koa, we pride ourselves on creating a positive environment for our players and their families. We also provide training for coaches that have not had previous training sessions.
Responsibilities: MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS AND EVENINGS. Be a proven leader, who leads by example both on and off the court. Be a great role model to the children. Be an all-star communicator. Be responsible and take pride in shaping children's lives. Must have reliable transportation and a cell phone. In addition:
- Conduct lessons when scheduled
- Come up with new drills and training plans as needed
- Follow Koa’s 10 year basketball development plan (found on Koa’s website) during practices
- Coach one or more youth teams or Prep teams (as needed)
- Conduct age appropriate drills
- Take care of company issued equipment
- Be responsive via text message and or email from your Koa supervisor
- Show up on time to all scheduled Koa events
- Use appropriate language around the athletes
- Upon departure, find the facility cleaner than you found it. Pick up loose basketballs, cones, and other equipment
- Assist running Koa clinics, tryouts, and other events
- Must be able to coach a couple days a week, shadowing to start (flexible)
- Assist running Koa Summer Basketball Camp + No School Camps (as needed)
Experience: Must have a background in basketball. Experience in coaching is a plus.
If you are interested in joining Koa's team, please reply with a your resume and cover letter below.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Must have a background in sports. Experience coaching a plus.
- High school or equivalent
- Coaching: 1 year
- Basketball: 1 year