Koa Sports League, the Company:
Koa is a 501c3 non-profit organization based in Rockville, Maryland. We are a dynamic, fun, growing company, with a bleeding passion for sports! Our mission is “shaping kids’ lives through sports” every decision we make, comes back to our mission. We have 15 full-time employees and a part-time staff of over 300 and looking for another all-star. We are looking for candidates that are leaders and have a high appetite for learning that wants to excel in our entrepreneurial environment.
Our office/training facility is over 12,500 sq feet, which includes. A full-court basketball court, three batting cages, a parent lounge, and a full weight room! Not a bad place to come to work every day.
Baseball Ops and Game Day Coordinator will report directly to Koa's Director of Baseball Operations, while specifically ensuring the execution of our in-house baseball league programming. Our In-house league, BABL (Bethesda Area Baseball League), hosts teams from 10U though 15U across multiple divisions. The schedule is noon-7:30 pm during the week, with office work during the day and practices/clinics in the evening. Saturday is game day, and you'll be working ~8am-5 pm and this position must be present throughout the day to handle umpire, coaching, and parent issues/questions.
This is a Part-Time role with the possibility of a Full-Time position based on performance.
- Ensure fields are set and ready for scheduled games (base distances, pitching rubber installed, umpires have arrived, etc.)
- Lead all early evening clinic practices (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday) to ensure practice plans are followed and run efficiently
- Step in as an instructor to cover teams at games and practices as needed
- Review schedules and communicate with coaches staffed daily to ensure practices/games are sufficiently covered
- Update game results and standings to Sports Illustrated Play
- Participate in marketing flyer drops and baseball promo days
- Comfortably and professionally answer emails and department phone calls
- Instruct private lessons at the Koa Facility
- Previous baseball/softball experience required, college experience is preferred
- Coaching experience is a plus
- Office experience is preferred
- Understanding and passion for youth sports
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative, and solve problems independently
- Knowledge of Google Drive programs
- Self-starter and motivated
- Extremely organized and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Interested in sports marketing and sales.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, holidays, and nonstandard hours
- Available to work 30-40 hours per week
- Ability to lift 40lbs