Maintenance Mechanic/Technician Temp-to-Perm with the most sought-after employer in the Sparks/Reno Area (USA Parkway). Opportunity to get your foot in the door into a Maintenance Technician position where you will be trained by some of the most skilled Maintenance Techs in the country and be converted within 90 days to a full-time employee. Prior experience in a maintenance role or with Auto Mechanics helpful. Must be mechanically inclined and easily trainable on new skills in a fast-paced environment with flexibility for changes in daily responsibilities based on business needs. $17-19.50/hr. to start. *FREE Shuttles to USA Parkway*
Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success. May work with various teams, including engineering, quality, and suppliers on a wide variety of issues/corrective actions identified in production and field performance.
Tasks can include:
- Become familiar with all machines in assigned area and share responsibilities for preventative maintenance, troubleshooting/repair, cleanliness, and escalation of assigned equipment.
- Diagnose equipment failures, find root cause, and communicate actions taken to the rest of the team.
- Complete tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules and within standard times.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Take initiative to improve PM documents and schedules, under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor and Leads.
- Perform equipment repairs and rebuilds.
- Use of complex tooling that requires specialized training.
- Recommend countermeasures to prevent repetitive breakdowns.
- Organize and maintain a high degree of cleanliness in the maintenance area as well as performing spares inventory audits to ensure accuracy.
- Follow all aspects of Maintenance Safety protocol (LOTO, 5-S, Arc Flash, etc.), to ensure that the maintenance team operates safely at all times.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Computer skills are strongly preferred (use of Word, Excel & Outlook programs).
- Must demonstrate an ability to perform standardized work process and defined work instructions.
- Must have strong command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Must be reliable, have good initiative, be committed, and be quality focused.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as needed.
- Experience creating & maintaining a positive atmosphere in a collaborative work team.
- Ability to manage workload while contributing to a positive, team-oriented work environment.
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions.
- Possess a “get it done” attitude and an urgency to resolve problems/tasks.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
Mechanic, Automobile Repairs, Electrician, Mechanical, Machinist, Handyman, Journeyman, Conveyor Repairs, Electrical, HVAC, lineman, Wiring
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $19.55 /hour