KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. We offer a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We’re backed by leading investors and were named one of the “20 Startups to Watch” by Business Insider. Our offices are located in Mountain View, within walking distance from the Caltrain station.
Role and Responsibilities
KiwiCo is seeking a Videographer (or Senior Videographer, depending on experience level) to take on responsibility for concepting, shooting, and editing videos to be used in support of our products, run as online ads, and shared via our content marketing channels.
This is rewarding and rich position that requires someone who is highly skilled in both editing and camera work, and also is comfortable planning and testing out new concepts. This position requires someone with strong camera skills, an eye for staging, and a broad operating range. The successful candidate can think and plan strategically while acting quickly against the day-to-day execution. Responsibilities include:
- Create online and TV ads to promote our products. Work closely with the marketing team to make sure the video creative supports their goals.
- Create fun, compelling content videos. Work closely with the content creation team to develop videos that are interesting, sharable, and fun to watch.
- Efficiently capture video clips and still photos of our products. Help to maintain an organized library of photo/video assets for use across the company.
- Work with our child models (ages 0-17) to capture video clips for a variety of uses. Create a fun, positive experience for them, while capturing the shots we need.
- Maintain our visual standards for video and for still photos. Experiment with shooting, lighting, and retouching to help us continue to develop and improve our style.
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of videography experience and strong experience with editing videos in Adobe Premier. You’re confident both behind the camera and in the editor’s chair.
- Superb aesthetic skills. You have a great eye and are able to take any request and find a compelling and attractive way to capture it in video or in a still photo.
- Great communication skills. You’re highly collaborative, able to work within cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization, and able to give and receive feedback well.
- Strong organizational skills. You’re great at keeping a production running smoothly and you always keep your project files organized, tagged, and available for other team members.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, small company environment, under pressure and working toward aggressive timelines. You can multitask and meet deadlines while still paying attention to details and executing flawlessly. You have the ability to balance and productively resolve pressing demands and timelines in order to deliver against the company vision and goals.
- Resourceful and Flexible. You see a project from idea stage through successful completion - and do whatever it takes to make it a success. You are comfortable with the rapid pace of change in a small, nimble team. You are an innovative thinker and can solve problems creatively.
- Passionate about education. You love our young customers and understand how to communicate with them in a fun and relatable way.
- Experience working with a small startup
- Experience working with a marketing team
- Experience with still photography
- Experience with photos for retail products
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter (as well as a link to your online portfolio) telling us why you're interested in KiwiCo and what you think you'd bring to this specific position and our team. Applications without portfolios will not be considered.
KiwiCo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at KiwiCo are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.