KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. We offer a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We’re backed by leading investors and were named one of the “20 Startups to Watch” by Business Insider. Our offices are located in Mountain View, within walking distance from the Caltrain station.
Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, data-driven Senior Manager to join our Strategy and Analytics team. In this role, you will evaluate strategic opportunities both inside and outside our company focusing on our Core Subscription Business lines. You would lead exploration of ways to increase customer engagement and manage the overall health of our established subscription lines. You would jointly own the P&L of these established businesses, be comfortable with setting strategic vision for where these businesses should go as well as mobilizing the tactical execution to get there. This is a critical and highly visible role, requiring regular, direct access to members of the Executive Team.
You should be excited by the opportunity to work closely with with Marketing, Product, Analytics, and Operations partners. Successful candidates will have demonstrated analytical abilities, but also be motivated by the opportunity to translate customer insights into real-world programs.
- Be the champion for the Core Subscription Business lines during strategic planning, working closely with the Executive Team to set the strategic vision, secure buy-in and resource commitments
- Own the KPIs for our core subscription lines (sales, profitability, retention, satisfaction, etc.), report them to key stakeholders, and lead cross-functional efforts against highest priority opportunities
- Translate analysis insights into designed programs to improve performance (Ex: Customer and use case segmentations to inform targeted marketing campaigns)
- Review and document our customers throughout their lifecycle to understand pain points and ways to improve their overall experience
- Collaborate with Marketing partners to optimize customer targeting and messaging (Ex: Designing A/B tests of different marketing campaigns)
- Work with the Product Development team to ensure that product development objectives are aligned with customer expectations
- Lead pricing analyses to assess how our products are positioned against customer needs and competitors
- Create business cases and marketing plans. Write business requirements for product development. Manage marketing campaigns. Roll out programs with Operations and Customer Service.
- Work successfully across the organization with partners on our Exec Team, Marketing, Operations, and Product to support implementation of key recommendations
- We seek leaders with an infectious positive energy and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity, love a fast paced environment, and have a strong desire to learn.
- 6+ years of relevant strategy, product management, marketing or general management experience
- Previous experience working within management consulting, investment banking, product management or in an operating/strategy role at a high growth start-up.
- Proven intellectual curiosity, ability to quickly come up to speed on complex business processes and generate creative solutions to tough problems
- Demonstrated success leading projects and teams of people, both direct and indirect reports
- Broad operating range - the ability to engage at a strategic, executive level and dive into hands-on execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of BA/BS degree in quantitative majors such as Economics, Business, Engineering.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Hands-on experience working with Looker, SQL, Tableau
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter telling us why you're interested in KiwiCo and what you think you'd bring to this specific position and our team.
KiwiCo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at KiwiCo are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.