KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. We offer a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We’re backed by leading investors and were named one of the “20 Startups to Watch” by Business Insider. Our offices are located in Mountain View, within walking distance from the Caltrain station.
Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, data-driven Manager, Strategy & Analytics to join our team. The person in this role will evaluate strategic opportunities both inside and outside our company, but focus on increasing CLV (customer lifetime value) through improved customer retention, cross-sells, etc. This person would lead efforts to define and execute opportunities by working with Marketing, Product, Analytics, and Operations partners. Successful candidates should have experience in a highly analytic role either within management consulting or a high-growth start-up.
- Dive into customer data, develop insights, identify new analyses to conduct and either execute them or manage the execution by analysts (Example: Analyze subscriber retention/churn metrics and come up with ideas to segment subscribers by promotional price)
- Segment our customers based upon demographic, behavioral, and other criteria to develop actionable and cost-effective programs to better serve those segments
- Identify opportunities to increase CLV spanning marketing, product and operations (Example: product upsells to increase average revenue per user)
- Prioritize opportunities, implement initiatives to test them and operationalize winning initiatives (Example: work with marketing and product team to implement product upsell test, measure results and if successful roll out to all users)
- Create business cases, marketing plans and product plans. Write requirements for product development. Manage marketing campaigns. Roll out programs with Operations and Customer Service
- Manage existing programs related to customer lifetime value such as product line expansions, and graduation from one product line to the next
- Work successfully across the organization with partners on our Exec Team, Marketing, Operations, and Product to support implementation of key recommendations
- We seek team players with an infectious positive energy and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity, love a fast paced environment, and have a strong desire to learn
- 2+ years of experience in management consulting or a high-growth start-up
- Excellent data analysis skill and the ability to generate novel insights (including Excel, SQL, Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Proven intellectual curiosity, ability to quickly come up to speed on complex business processes and generate creative solutions to tough problems
- Demonstrated success leading projects and teams of people that do not report to you
- Broad operating range - the ability to dive into minute details yet still pull up and think about strategic implications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of BA/BS degree in quantitative majors such as Economics, Finance, Engineering, etc
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter telling us why you're interested in KiwiCo and what you think you'd bring to this specific position and our team.
KiwiCo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at KiwiCo are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.