KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. Our core offering is a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We also manage an e-commerce storefront as well as the retail channel. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We’re backed by leading investors, and we were named one of the “20 Startups to Watch” by Business Insider. Our offices are located in Mountain View.
Role and Responsibilities:
We’re looking for an experienced front-end developer interested in contributing to an established and growing startup, where you will have a real impact on the business and technology. You will work with our engineering, product management, marketing, and creative teams to help deliver a great user experience across all aspects of KiwiCo's digital presence. Working within a small agile development process, you will be bringing designs to life and helping to build new features across all areas of our product. You can expect to participate in all aspects of the product life-cycle. KiwiCo is passionate about user experience and we continually seek to improve using both quantitative analysis and user studies.
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive on ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve.
- 1-5 years of web development experience
- Strong advocate for great user experience, with a pixel-perfect eye for detail, design, and interaction
- Solid mobile-first HTML, CSS, and cross-browser layout skills and knowledge
- Ability to implement rich client functionality with knowledge of jQuery and AJAX
- Experience working with git source control
- Driven, flexible, self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to deliver engineering tasks on time and with high quality
- BS in Computer Science, UI/UX Design, or other relevant fields of study
- Experience with performance optimization and reworking critical rendering paths
- Knowledge of PHP/object-oriented programming
- eCommerce experience, particularly with Magento
- Experience with SASS, Bootstrap, AngularJS
- Knowledge of progressive web apps