KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. We offer a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We’re backed by leading investors and were named one of the “20 Startups to Watch” by Business Insider. Our offices are located in Mountain View, within walking distance from the Caltrain station.
Role and Responsibilities
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. The ideal candidate will be resourceful, creative, detail oriented, and collaborative and passionate about improving both the internal and external customer experience by driving process improvements. This candidate must be technically skilled in inventory management, customer service best practices, and be able to work well independently and meet deadlines.
In this role you will focus on building the team and processes to provide an excellent customer experience, including touchpoints in customer service and order fulfillment. Core to your success in this role will be the ability to identify, measure and and streamline communication and decisions that involve multiple departments from product development/purchasing to marketing to our warehouse operations. We’re looking for a person who loves to unpack the way things work, and who enjoys testing and measuring solutions in a fast paced environment. Subject/technical experience in some or all of the following are a huge plus: general supply chain understanding, inventory management, logistics, customer service platforms.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Guide and prioritize for the internal and external service teams who solve problems and answer customer inquiries over phone, email and chat
- Ensure quality and efficiency of these interactions, including maintaining strong brand voice in all interactions
- Provide thoughtful, strategic insight regarding customer needs to our product, digital, and marketing teams.
- Identify and contribute to solving priority issues that need immediate attention
- Think through the lenses of customer experience and systems-improvement to identify, suggest, and help implement improvements in the way we deliver the experience of KiwiCo.
- Get up to speed on various order management processes and back-end systems to identify and resolve issues in, and find ways to improve our processes
- Experience. College degree preferred. 3+ years work experience with at least a year in a company that delivers physical products. Understanding of basic order fulfillment processes for physical products and experience with an eCommerce company is a plus. Experience in managing a team is also a plus.
- Passionate about customers. You love developing relationships with customers, delighting them with your positive attitude and outstanding customer support skills.
- Good listening and communication skills. Exceptional communication skills with customers and team members; friendly and pleasant demeanor over email and phone.
- Hands-on, "get things done" mentality. You thrive in a fast paced, small company environment, are comfortable with high volume of support issues, and both think and type fast!
- Detail-oriented. We move quickly, but we bring care and thoughtfulness to everything we do. We care deeply about the details.
- Resourceful. You see a project from idea stage through successful completion - and whatever it takes to make it a success. Hurdles are inevitable, but you take it upon yourself to take ownership, assess options and get something done.
- Technical. You are comfortable working with a variety of systems and basic business tools like Google docs, Excel, etc. as well as, ideally, order management and inventory management tools.
- Analytical: You have a mindset for understanding why problems happen, and are able to identify issues and propose solutions. You are able to recognize patterns in data and present recommendations. You’re comfortable gathering, manipulating and deriving insights from basic data and measuring KPIs.
- Data-driven: You are able to put formulate basic data in relation to an issue and are able identify what data is important to understanding the issue.
- Good Process Orientation: You care about the ‘how’ as well as the ‘what’ and can drive processes to achieve positive results.
- Travel: Primarily in Mountain View but willingness to travel to our warehouse in Lathorp, CA multiple times a week if needed.
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter telling us why you're interested in KiwiCo and what you think you'd bring to this specific position and our team.
KiwiCo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at KiwiCo are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.