Our VP of Engineering will be responsible for ensuring on-time, on-budget delivery for our software offering to our customers. Through collaborating with Product Management, product requirements and functionality will turn into technical designs, product releases, and efficient, high-quality software. This will be accomplished by clearly defined product roadmaps and requirements, and technology solutions, and alternatives needed to fulfill the product vision, while exceeding customer expectations, including planning product release cycles and release dates, forecasting development and resources, and timing.
From the technical aspect, he or she will partner with the CTO to provide input and implement the product, and software architecture, and proactively seek, analyze, and adopt new, effective, and cost-efficient technologies, processes, and methodologies. In addition, determine and develop performance criteria, and measures necessary to analyze appropriate performance, and quality metrics to reinforce company goals.
This is a leadership role where you can thrive if you enjoy the inevitable pressure of a technology startup where balancing competing priorities and deadlines are the norm. In essence, this role combines the skills of a software engineer, project manager, coach, and collaborator.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- You MUST have a work permit for Colombia or the United States.
- 7+ years’ experience in software engineering, software quality assurance, product development or a related technology field.
- 5+ years’ experience in technology management demonstrating increasing scope of control and responsibility.
- Significant technology experience developing advanced products supporting thousands of concurrent users.
- Prior experience building and scaling software.
- A personal, deeply held drive to ship a high-quality software product that is on-spec, on-time, and on-budget.
- Effectively manage multiple, concurrent development projects of varying priority.
- Ability to scope software development efforts, allocate resources, and determine project timelines.
- Engage in company culture, product development, talent acquisition, employee retention, setting practices and principles, budget/expense management, and forecasting activities.
- Be capable of assembling a small team (3-9) of very good engineers that are super agile and can ship a lot of very functional and clever code that supports early and very rapid growth (from a very small base).
- Good people skills.
- Good business understanding.
- Understanding of product development principles.
- Proof of great technical judgment.
- Be willing to relocate in Medellín