Kitware is an advanced software R&D and open-source solutions provider for research facilities, government institutions, and corporations worldwide. Founded in 1998, Kitware specializes in research and development in the areas of high-performance computing and visualization, medical imaging, computer vision, data and analytics, and quality software process. Kitware solutions make a difference in the world, from improved healthcare to increased national security. Kitware is headquartered in Clifton Park, NY, with offices in Carrboro, NC; Santa Fe, NM; Arlington, VA; and Lyon, France
Kitware is actively seeking a talented Technical Business Development Representative. This person will work closely with technical staff and the business development team to provide sales and marketing support related to Kitware’s software research and development services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborate with technical staff to identify, coordinate, and execute direct selling efforts related to Kitware technologies and professional services
- Communicate Kitware’s capabilities to potential customers, collaborators, and clients
- Lead generation: scout for new opportunities that are relevant to our consulting goals; prioritize and collaborate with others to create pitches to potential customers
- Assist in development of company marketing plans
- Iteratively develop project proposals / statements of work while managing expectations of multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Determine and track opportunity metrics and attributes in order to analyze opportunities, report on the customer pipeline, improve BD processes, and generate more business
- Consistently contribute to writing and editing of sales and marketing content, ensuring that Kitware’s services are effectively represented on our website and in our marketing and public relations efforts
- Assist in market research, sales forecasting, and writing necessary for completing commercialization plans required for government funded proposals
- Assist with inbound opportunities: manage the process of obtaining more information from customers, matching customers with members of the technical staff, and coordinating ongoing customer contact
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 5 years technical business development / sales experience
- Proven track record in identifying, pursuing, and developing new business opportunities; experience with professional services sales or project management in an R&D setting is preferred
- Advanced understanding of specific software other than Google Docs and Microsoft Office is not required, however successful candidates will have the ability to learn and use other software tools as necessary
- Ability to quickly learn the technical abilities of Kitware and be able to speak confidently about them
- Detail oriented, with extraordinary organizational and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Candidates must collaborate well with others, including the management team, take direction from multiple individuals, and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to work independently
- Some travel may be required for client visit and technical conferences
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Candidates that have a strong preference should indicate their preferred office location somewhere in their cover letter or resume. Available offices for this position include Clifton Park, NY; and Carrboro, NC.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.