Kitware is an advanced software R&D and open-source solutions provider for research facilities, government institutions, and corporations worldwide. Founded in 1998, Kitware specializes in research and development in the areas of HPC and visualization, medical imaging, computer vision, data and analytics, and quality software process. Kitware solutions are making a difference in the world, from improved in health care options to increased national security. Kitware is headquartered in Clifton Park, NY, with offices in Carrboro, NC; Arlington, VA; Santa Fe, NM; and Lyon, France.
Kitware, Inc. is actively seeking an IT Security Manager, who will be responsible for overall strategies and related implementations designed to minimize cyber threats, cyber attacks, and theft or corruption of the organization’s data.
- Technical implementation and monitoring of IT environment security, including installation and related usage of security tools, in accordance with industry best practices and standards
- Develop strategies and cybersecurity plans with the IT and Compliance departments to address current and future security needs; recommend improvement to security infrastructure and practices
- Provide technical security guidance on mobile and wireless device usage
- Perform vulnerability scanning, intrusion detection, and penetration testing to monitor for intrusions
- Perform security incident tracking; lead resolution of security incident and vulnerability detections, communicate findings to senior management
- Conduct appropriate trainings and communications to staff on IT security measures, safe data collection and transfer procedures, security products, and general security responsibilities
- A DoD Top Secret clearance level is required for this position and SCI eligibility is strongly preferred
- Perform ISSM duties for classified systems, including obtaining and maintaining authorization to operate
- Lead secure room maintenance and operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or related degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including in the areas of vulnerability assessment and detection, penetration testing, and network/firewall protection; experience in an IT security management position required
- US Citizen and a Top Secret clearance level is required for this position. SCI eligibility is strongly preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with cloud computing, scripting and programming skills for automation
- CISSP Certification
- Other vendor-specific certifications a plus
- Experience and knowledge of relevant NIST guidelines
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Please visit www.jobs.kitware.com to view other Kitware positions you may be interested in and learn more about what we have to offer.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.