Kitware, Inc. is actively seeking talented software developers to join our Medical Computing team. Our team members have a passion for C++ and Python programming and we are seeking to find others to join us in addressing challenging software design and development tasks in medical software applications. Candidates will design, develop, and improve medical image analysis and visualization software across a wide range of computing environments including but not limited to Windows, Unix/OS X, mobile, and web environments. Candidates will also be involved in collaborative design with customers and in application testing and verification.
By joining our team you will participate in a dynamic work environment with exceptionally talented co-workers. Our long-standing open-source projects include VTK, ITK, 3D Slicer, CMake, iMSTK, Pulse and ParaView. They are mature, supported, documented, and thoroughly tested software systems that are in use by tens of thousands of developers and end-users worldwide. Furthermore, with many Kitware employees having advanced degrees, we also take pride in our collaborations with esteemed researchers from around the world.
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science or a related field with emphasis in application development
- Exceptionally skilled in C++ and Python
- Demonstrated software development expertise (e.g., active github account, successful projects, or documented open-source contribution)
- Enthusiasm for programming, learning, problem solving, and tracking technology trends
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills
- A passion for software development, customer interaction, and user experience
- Experience with our open-source toolkits and applications for medical image analysis and visualizations such as ITK, VTK, and 3D Slicer is a plus.
- Experience or strong interest in 3D rendering APIs (OpenGL, Vulkan, Metal, etc.) is a plus.
Founded in 1998, Kitware is a leader in the creation and support of open-source software and state-of-the-art technology, and is one of the fastest growing software companies in the country. Kitware leverages its diverse technical expertise to provide advanced custom solutions for a host of complex technical problems. Kitware’s mission is to advance the frontiers of understanding by developing innovative open-source software platforms and integrating them into research, processes, and products.
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, veteran status, uniformed service member status, genetic pre-disposition to any condition, physical or non-physical disability or any other characteristics protected by law.