Kitware, Inc. is actively seeking highly skilled researchers to develop image analysis and machine learning algorithms using open source libraries such as ITK, 3D Slicer and scikit toolkits. Kitware collaborates on basic and applied research and development projects that span all forms of medical image analysis and visualization. Our collaborators include the top universities from around the world, national research labs, medical device manufacturers, and many others. Our efforts build upon our extensive software libraries as well as our expertise in a variety of synergistic disciplines including machine learning, pattern recognition, medical image analysis, visualization, informatics, and computer vision. If you join our team, you will collaborate with world-class coworkers and external researchers on these and other projects in the following ways:
*Develop advanced image analysis and machine learning algorithms and integrated systems for a wide variety of mission critical applications in medicine and biology.
*Extend the capabilities of VTK, ITK and 3D Slicer to meet the needs of academic and commercial users as they investigate new medical procedures and imaging systems, release innovative products, and improve all aspects of patient care.
*Deploy software applications and infrastructure that are used by people, every day, around the globe, to improve the world.
- Masters degree or PhD. in computer science, biomedical engineering, or a related field with emphasis in biomedical image analysis and machine learning.
- Experience implementing cutting edge biomedical image analysis, machine learning, and/or deep learning solutions for problems such as: image segmentation, image registration, computer aided diagnosis and machine learning models including deep learning
- Outstanding C++ and python programming skills and strong foundation in Algorithms, Data Structures, Differential Calculus, Linear Algebra, Optimization, Probability, and Statistics
- Experience with open-source toolkits and applications for medical image analysis and machine learning such as ITK, VTK, Slicer, scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch
- The ability to work well in a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals and conferences in biomedical image analysis, computer vision, and relevant application fields.
Founded in 1998, Kitware is a leader in the creation and support of open-source software and state-of-the-art technology, and is a fast-moving and ever-changing company. Kitware leverages its diverse technical expertise to provide advanced custom solutions for a host of complex technical problems. Kitware’s mission is to advance the frontiers of understanding by developing innovative open-source software platforms and integrating them into research, processes, and products.
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.