Kitware is looking for an experienced backend developer for web-based scientific visualization who will take a key role on our team. The desired developer must have knowledge in all stages of software development.
You’ll be working alongside other Kitware research and development engineers, collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure for our web-based scientific visualization platform that leverages VTK and ParaView.
- Design overall architecture of web applications.
- Highly experienced with backend programming languages, particularly Python and JS
- Maintain scaling, quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with the rest of the research and development engineering team to design and launch new features for our platforms and web applications.
- Aware of security and data protection issues and implemented workarounds.
- Experience with publish/subscribe and RPC infrastructure.
- Experience with Database such as MongoDB
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Familiar with UNIX/Linux environments.
- Experience with CSS and web design.
- Experience with Docker or AWS is a plus.
- Knowledge in C++ a plus.
- Experience with Kitware’s scientific visualization platforms such as VTK and ParaView is a plus.
Founded in 1998, Kitware is a leader in the creation and support of open-source software and state-of-the-art technology, and is one of the fastest growing software companies in the country. Kitware leverages its diverse technical expertise to provide advanced custom solutions for a host of complex technical problems. Kitware’s mission is to advance the frontiers of understanding by developing innovative open-source software platforms and integrating them into research, processes, and products.
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility.