Kitware is looking for a Cleared Software Developer to join our new office, located a block from the Ballston metro stop, in Arlington, VA. This is a great opportunity to increase your knowledge and skills in the software development process while collaborating with some of the leading minds in computer vision and machine learning. In this role, you will contribute the development of robust solutions for real-world, challenging problems that directly enhance our national security.
Our computer vision team partners with premier government R&D agencies such as DARPA, IARPA, AFRL, ONR, and NRL; branches of the US military; and multiple members of the intelligence community on a range of efforts including major prime contracts and small business awards. In addition, we provide commercial services to companies ranging from tiny startups to Fortune 500 internet companies. Kitware employs an open source business model to foster extended, collaborative communities, and to provide flexible, high-quality technical solutions. If you’ve used CMake, ITK, or VTK, you know just a small portion of our work and the impact it has on the communities we help build.
- Active TS/SCI clearance. *Required*
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- 2+ years of software development experience.
- Familiarity with software development tools on Windows, Linux, or Mac systems.
- BS in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, systems engineering, physics, mathematics, or a related field.
- Required skills can be gained concurrent with education, and skills will be measured through passage of a technical screen.
- Due to contractual requirements, this position requires US Citizenship.
- Experience using Github or Gitlab for code reviews, documentation, and release management.
- Ability to learn core Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as EC2, EBS volumes, S3, and CloudWatch.
- Ability to learn DevOps tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, and Packer.
- Interest and experience in open source software development.
Kitware’s employees have unique opportunities to interact and collaborate directly with customers, visit interesting customer sites, and participate in live field tests and demonstrations. Developers also enjoy benefits commonly associated with a position in academia, such as support and encouragement for the publication of novel work. We work in many areas of computer vision, including deep learning, content-based indexing and retrieval, object detection and tracking, video event and activity recognition, functional object recognition, social media understanding, video compression, and super resolution.
Founded in 1998, Kitware is a leader in the creation and support of open-source software and state-of-the-art technology, and is a fast-moving and ever-changing company. Kitware leverages its diverse technical expertise to provide advanced custom solutions for a host of complex technical problems. Kitware’s mission is to advance the frontiers of understanding by developing innovative open-source software platforms and integrating them into research, processes, and products.
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.