Kitware collaborates on basic and applied research and development projects that span all forms of data analysis and visualization. Our collaborators include the top universities from around the world, national research labs, medical device manufacturers, car manufacturers, oil and gas companies, financial institutes, and many others. Our efforts build upon our extensive software libraries as well as our expertise in a variety of synergistic disciplines including machine learning, pattern recognition, medical image analysis, visualization, informatics, and computer vision.
Kitware has originated and supported industry-leading software toolkits such as CMake, VTK, ITK, ParaView, and Resonant. If you join our team, you will collaborate with world-class coworkers and external researchers on these and other projects in the following ways:
- Create next-generation, open-source software for mobile, tablet, web, desktop, and supercomputing platforms.
- Develop advanced visualization and analysis algorithms, applications, and integrated systems that involve images from the newest medical devices, videos from real-world scenarios, and simulations generated by the largest supercomputers.
- Deploy software applications and infrastructure that are used by people, every day, around the world, to improve the world.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in computer science or a related field. Salary and levels of responsibility and autonomy will be commensurate with the amount of relevant education and experience.
- Demonstrated software development expertise (e.g., active github account, successful school project, or documented open-source contribution)
- Enthusiasm for programming, learning, problem solving, and tracking technology trends
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills
- Revision control system experience (we use git)
- Understanding of computer system, programming language constructs, and design patterns
- Familiarity with high-quality software practices (test-driven development, documentation, software review processes, and cross-platform support).
- Experience setting up and maintaining continuous integration systems (Jenkins, Buildbot, etc)
- Experience with provisioning tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc).
- Experience with large-project build systems (e.g., CMake, Scons, autotools)
- Familiarity with extending Kitware libraries such as ITK, VTK, ParaView, or Slicer
- Experience with user-interface design
Founded in 1998, Kitware is a leader in the creation and support of open-source software and state-of-the-art technology, and is one of the fastest growing software companies in the country. Kitware leverages its diverse technical expertise to provide advanced custom solutions for a host of complex technical problems. Kitware’s mission is to advance the frontiers of understanding by developing innovative open-source software platforms and integrating them into research, processes, and products.
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Candidates that have a strong preference should indicate their preferred office location somewhere in their cover letter or resume. Available offices include Clifton Park, NY; Carrboro, NC; Arlington, VA; or Santa Fe, NM.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.