Kitware, Inc. (www.kitware.com) creates and supports leading edge, high quality software in the fields of computer vision, medical imaging, visualization, 3D data publishing, and technical software development. Kitware employs an open source development model to foster extended, collaborative communities, and an open source business model to provide flexible, high-quality technical solutions.
Kitware is looking for an intern to join the systems administration team. You will work on a variety of projects including deployment of new hardware and software. Kitware has a dynamic environment with Linux, Windows, and Mac systems. In this role, you will learn how the employees of Kitware are supported in their IT needs. Experience with software installation and network setup are a plus. We are looking for students in computer science or related fields of study. The time frame for this internship will be the fall semester 2018.
- A current student in Computer Science or related field of study
- Experience with software and network installation
- Strong computer skills, including but not limited to working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and/or Google Docs
- The ability to take direction from multiple individuals and prioritize accordingly
- A high degree of discretion when dealing with sensitive information
- Due to Federal Government contractual restrictions, only candidates that are US Citizens, US Permanent Resident status, Asylees and Refugees are being considered at this time
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds semi-regularly
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.