Senior Software Engineer - Computer Vision
Kitware is currently hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join our Computer Vision team. If you are interested in working on cutting edge, real world problems in a setting that is a cross section between academia and industry, then this is a great opportunity for you.
By joining our team, you will be contributing your C++ expertise in the areas of computer vision or machine learning to develop robust solutions for real-world problems. Our projects focus on areas such as 3D reconstruction, object detection, image manipulation detection, and motion pattern learning and anomaly detection. Kitware’s employees have unique opportunities to interact and collaborate directly with customers, visit interesting customer sites, and participate in live field tests and demonstrations. Software Engineers at Kitware also have the opportunity to publish and maintain open source software packages.
In this position, you will help design and implement large scale C++ software frameworks that enable cutting edge research algorithms to run optimally across diverse environments from embedded systems and mobile platforms to desktop applications to cloud infrastructure. Senior engineers are expected to take a leadership role in working with the community to maintain quality open source software on platforms such as Github and Gitlab. Working closely with an experienced team of researchers and software developers, you will have opportunities to learn more about emerging topics in computer vision, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as a software engineer
- Significant C++ experience
- Experience integrating 3rd party libraries
- Experience with distributed processing/computing
- Experience designing and implementing complex software systems
- Experience optimizing code
- Some leadership experience reviewing and overseeing others code development
- Some experience in other programming languages, especially Python
- BS and MS degree in computer science or a related field
- Due to contractual restrictions, only candidates that are US Persons (citizens, permanent residents, asylees or refugees) will be considered for this position.
- Experience integrating other languages as necessary
- Experience with GPU based development
- Knowledge of Computer Vision applications
- Knowledge of software development processes/environments including CMake/CDash, MS Visual Studio, gcc, make, and/or XCode
- Ability to develop software for Unix, Linux, MacOS and/or Windows operating systems to large open-source projects and communities
Founded in 1998, Kitware is a leader in the creation and support of open-source software and state-of-the-art technology, and is one of the fastest growing software companies in the country. Kitware leverages its diverse technical expertise to provide advanced custom solutions for a host of complex technical problems. Kitware’s mission is to advance the frontiers of understanding by developing innovative open-source software platforms and integrating them into research, processes, and products.
We partner with premier government R&D agencies such as DARPA, IARPA, AFRL, ONR, and NRL; branches of the US military; and members of the intelligence community on a range of efforts including prime contracts, SBIRs, and STTRs. In addition, we provide commercial services to companies ranging from tiny startups to Fortune 500 internet companies. By joining our team, you will be contributing your expertise to develop robust solutions for real-world, challenging problems that directly enhance our national security.
Kitware employs an open source business model to foster extended, collaborative communities, and to provide flexible, high-quality technical solutions. If you’ve used CMake, ITK, or VTK, you know our work and the impact it has on the communities we help build
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.