Current 3D projects have an emphasis on aerial and satellite imagery sources, and capabilities are often adapted to other problem domains. There are also opportunities to collaborate on broader computer vision topics including content-based indexing and retrieval, object detection and tracking, video event and activity recognition, functional object recognition, social media understanding, video compression, and super resolution.
We partner with premier government R&D agencies such as DARPA, IARPA, and AFRL including prime contracts, SBIRs and STTRs, as well as commercial efforts with leading technology companies. By joining our team, you will be contributing your computer vision or machine learning expertise to develop robust solutions for real-world problems, in the areas of 3D reconstruction, object-based change detection, feature detection, and motion pattern learning and anomaly detection among others.
Kitware’s employees have unique opportunities to interact and collaborate directly with customers, visit interesting customer sites, and participate in live field tests and demonstrations. Researchers and developers also enjoy benefits commonly associated with a position in academia, such as support and encouragement for the publication of novel work.
Researchers at Kitware enjoy support and encouragement for participation in national and international conferences (such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, WACV, and 3DV); and encouragement to seek funding to grow and develop their own research areas, if they desire. The Kitware Vision Group has collaborated with more than 20 universities in the past five years and maintains active involvement in major vision conferences.
- PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Masters level candidates must show substantial work experience in 3D vision beyond degree
- Experience developing algorithms for building 3D models from imagery
- Proficiency in C++ and/or Python and experienced in good software development practices
- Strong publication record in top-tier research publications and conferences
- Highly innovative and demonstrated track record for solving difficult technical challenges using imagery
- Experience collaborating successfully with others and thriving in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Candidates should include a detailed list of publications as part of their resume/CV
- Extremely talented researchers are always considered, however, due to contractual restrictions, preference may be given to those candidate that are US Persons (citizens, permanent residents, asylees or refugees)
Founded in 1998, Kitware is a leader in the creation and support of open-source software and state-of-the-art technology, and is one of the fastest growing software companies in the country. Kitware leverages its diverse technical expertise to provide advanced custom solutions for a host of complex technical problems. Kitware’s mission is to advance the frontiers of understanding by developing innovative open-source software platforms and integrating them into research, processes, and products.
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Candidates that have a strong preference should indicate their preferred office location somewhere in their cover letter or resume. Available offices include Clifton Park, NY; Carrboro, NC, Arlington, VA or Santa Fe, NM.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.