Scientific Visualization Developer
Kitware is seeking to hire highly skilled Research and Development Engineers (R&D Engineers) to join our Scientific Computing team and contribute to our scientific and information visualization efforts. Candidates will work to develop and improve leading visualization software solutions.
Kitware collaborates on a multitude of basic and applied research and development projects. Our collaborators include the top universities from around the world, national research labs, medical device manufacturers, car manufacturers, oil and gas companies, financial institutes, and many others. The projects range from extending our open source C++ libraries and applications, such as VTK, ParaView, and CMake, to developing proprietary domain-specific vertical applications for a wide array of platforms including web and mobile devices.
By joining our team you will participate in a dynamic work environment with exceptionally talented and friendly coworkers who are committed to high-quality development practices. You will collaborate with esteemed researchers from around the world by:
- Designing and developing scalable data analysis and visualization tools for use by researchers and professionals from various domains
- Designing and developing end-user tools for data analysis, visualization, simulation input preparation, modeling and many other scientific applications
- Solving a wide array of problems ranging from developing distributed memory parallel algorithms for data analysis, optimizing distributed parallel codes to compiling and maintaining software on supercomputers
- Designing and developing tools to improve scientific data analysis workflows
- Contributing to the development of next generation data analysis and visualization tools including developing support for fine-grained parallelism on massively threaded shared memory systems (e.g. Intel Xeon Phi and GPUs)
- Contributing to and supporting our dynamic open source communities built around several of our open source tools.
- Outstanding C++ skills, strong Python skills
- A passion for C++ programming and for developing and delivering practical solutions to challenging data analysis problems
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in computer science or a related field with corresponding emphasis on visualization, computational science, and good software development practice;
- Excellent communication skills
- HPC experience including MPI, GPU programming, multi-threaded programming desired
- Experience in developing end-user applications using libraries such as Qt desired
Founded in 1998, Kitware is a leader in the creation and support of open-source software and state-of-the-art technology, and is one of the fastest growing software companies in the country. Kitware leverages its diverse technical expertise to provide advanced custom solutions for a host of complex technical problems. Kitware’s mission is to advance the frontiers of understanding by developing innovative open-source software platforms and integrating them into research, processes, and products.
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Candidates that have a strong preference should indicate their preferred office location somewhere in their cover letter or resume. Available offices include Clifton Park, NY; Carrboro, NC or Santa Fe, NM.
Please visit www.jobs.kitware.com to view other Kitware positions you may be interested in and learn more about what we have to offer.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.