Kitware is an advanced software R&D and open-source solutions provider for research facilities, government institutions, and corporations worldwide. Founded in 1998, Kitware specializes in research and development in the areas of HPC and visualization, medical imaging, computer vision, data and analytics, and quality software process. Kitware solutions are making a difference in the world, from improved in health care options to increased national security. Kitware is headquartered in Clifton Park, NY, with offices in Carrboro, NC; Arlington, VA; Santa Fe, NM; and Lyon, France.
Kitware, Inc. is actively seeking a Compliance Coordinator to join the Compliance Team. This position reports to the Compliance Manager. The Compliance Team is responsible for managing the internal compliance function of the company to promote legal, regulatory, and ethical requirements and business standards. The team performs assessments through data analysis; process and control evaluation and improvement; audits; and policy development, maintenance, and training.
The Compliance Coordinator will be primarily responsible for initiating the internal audit testwork, Uniform Guidance audit correspondence, and annual filings (registrations, certifications, insurance renewals, etc.). This position will also be responsible for performing a variety of other technical and administrative duties in support of the Company’s continued growth.
- Develop a thorough understanding of internal policies and procedures and be able to answer questions from internal and external sources in a backup capacity.
- Perform sample selection and assessment for internal control audit testing.
- Utilize the internal audit process to monitor procedural compliance in areas including, but not limited to, assets, expenses, and data privacy.
- Prepare a summary of observations and findings and collaborate with the Compliance Manager to determine if a remediation plan is needed.
- Support external audit requests including, but not limited to, the Uniform Guidance audit, by assisting with data collection and correspondence.
- Collaborate with support teams to compile information, populate, and maintain files for business surveys, registrations, certifications, and annual insurance renewal applications. These will be provided to the Compliance Manager for their review and submission.
- Assist in the maintenance and monitoring of training programs to ensure timeliness of completion by employees.
- Contribute to general administrative projects and other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of an Associate degree and 2-3 years of related experience in an audit, regulatory or compliance function. This experience may include but is not limited to banking, government and not-for-profit sectors. A Bachelor degree is preferred.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and exercise appropriate discretion in performing job duties, especially when dealing with sensitive information.
- Computer skills, including but not limited to, working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Google Docs and Sheets a plus.
- Solutions-oriented with strong organization, time management, and analytic skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Please visit www.jobs.kitware.com to view other Kitware positions you may be interested in and learn more about what we have to offer.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.