We are looking for an Imagery Analyst and Annotation Specialist to join our office in Clifton Park, NY. The right candidate will have experience as an imagery analyst directly supporting the military or intelligence community; experience working collaboratively within diverse teams; the capability to teach others about the image analysis process; and, most critically, an absolute passion to deliver on the mission for our customers. Leveraging prior experience, you may also be called upon to support Kitware’s data collection efforts. In addition, this position will provide data annotation support within our computer vision team, using a variety of software tools to mark objects, activities, events, or other items of interest in images and video.
- Work with our research engineers and software developers on operational image annotation and analysis, and in collaboration with military and intelligence community partners.
- Educate and train other team members with diverse and non-technical backgrounds on the image analysis process, and assist in data annotation department projects within the computer vision team.
- Review picture and video sources via computer to identify specific data elements and mark these elements using various internal software programs.
- Attach metadata (comments, markups, etc.) to image data in accordance with established group procedures.
- Collaborate with project leads to ensure that annotations meet project requirements with high-quality.
- Maintain ownership of each annotation assignment, and respond to any changes in procedure and auditors.
- Provide insight and additional support to the computer vision team prior to and during data collection events.
- 3+ years of experience in imagery analysis, preferably in direct support of the military or intelligence community
- Experience with national technical means (NTM), commercial satellite, high altitude, full motion video (FMV), wide area motion imagery (WAMI), or synthetic aperture radar (SAR) for military intelligence or intelligence community problems
- Ability to obtain a US DoD security clearance
- Excellent customer service focus and communication skills, both oral and written; ability to effectively communicate with multiple individuals in varying levels of the organization
- Willing to learn new tools or programs as project needs evolve and workflows change
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and the Google Suite of tools
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and within a growing team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidential data
- A passion for delivering on customer expectations
- Due to U.S. government contractual obligations, U.S. Citizenship is required
- An active TS/SCI clearance is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field
- Participated in or helped organize large-scale image or video data collection efforts
- Leadership experience and skills
- Experience working with government research labs, such as Air Force Research Lab
- Experience providing feedback on next-generation image and video analysis tools
- Software development skills