Kitware is an open-source software R&D company that drives innovation and delivers technologies to solve real-world problems. We work with research facilities, government institutions, and corporations worldwide. Founded in 1998, we specialize in research and development in the areas of high-performance computing and visualization, medical computing, computer vision, data and analytics, and quality software process. Kitware solutions make a difference in the world, from improved healthcare to increased national security. Kitware is headquartered in Clifton Park, NY, with offices in Carrboro, NC; Santa Fe, NM; and Lyon, France
Kitware, Inc. is actively seeking a part-time Annotation Specialist to provide data annotation support within our computer vision team. As an Annotation Specialist, you will use a variety of software tools to mark objects, activities, events, or other items of interest in images and video.
- Review picture and video sources via computer to identify specific data elements and mark these elements using various internal software programs.
- Attach metadata (comments, markups, etc.) to image data in accordance with established group procedures.
- Contribute to weekly sprint meetings.
- Collaborate with project leads to ensure that annotations meet project requirements with high-quality.
- Maintain ownership of each annotation assignment, and respond to any changes in procedure and auditors.
- Learn new tools and/or technologies as necessary to follow team workflow and accomplish annotation tasks
- Perform majority of work during Kitware’s core hours from 10:00am - 4:00pm, Monday-Friday at the company headquarters.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and within a growing team
- Willing to learn new tools or programs as project needs evolve and workflows change
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidential data
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Google Documents and Google Sheets
- Excellent customer service focus and communication skills, both oral and written; ability to effectively communicate with multiple individuals in varying levels of the organization
- Familiarity with git or distributed workflows is a plus
- Due to U.S. government contractual obligations, U.S. Citizenship is required
- High school degree required
- Software development skills are a plus
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. In addition to a great work environment, Kitware offers flexible working hours, paid time off, 401(k), and a fully stocked kitchen with free coffee, drinks and snacks. This position is for our Clifton Park, NY office.
Kitware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and proudly supports Affirmative Action. Please, no recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.