You’ll be working alongside other Kitware research and development engineers, collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure for our web-based scientific visualization platform that leverages VTK and ParaView.
- Design overall architecture of web applications.
- Maintain scaling, quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with the rest of the research and development engineering team to design and launch new features for our platforms and web applications.
- Experience in converting designs to visual elements.
- Aware of security and data protection issues and implemented workarounds.
- Experience with publish/subscribe and RPC infrastructure.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Experience with CSS and web design.
- Experience with responsive design that works in both desktop and mobile environments.
- Experience with Kitware’s scientific visualization platforms such as VTK and ParaView.
- Familiar with UNIX/Linux environments.
- Knowledge in C++ a plus.
Founded in 1998, Kitware is a leader in the creation and support of open-source software and state-of-the-art technology, and is one of the fastest growing software companies in the country. Kitware leverages its diverse technical expertise to provide advanced custom solutions for a host of complex technical problems. Kitware’s mission is to advance the frontiers of understanding by developing innovative open-source software platforms and integrating them into research, processes, and products.
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility.