Kitware is actively seeking a talented Web Developer to join our team of software engineers supporting scientific, government, and commercial customers.
Kitware collaborates on a multitude of basic and applied research and development projects. Our collaborators include the top universities from around the world, national research labs, medical device manufacturers, car manufacturers, oil and gas companies, financial institutes, and many others. The projects range from extending our open source C++ libraries and applications, such as VTK, ParaView, and CMake, to developing proprietary domain-specific vertical applications for a wide array of platforms including web and mobile devices.
By joining our team you will participate in a dynamic work environment with exceptionally talented and friendly coworkers who are committed to high-quality development practices. The ideal candidate will:
- Collaborate with our distributed research and development engineering team as well as external collaborators and customers to design and implement new features and fix bugs for our platforms and web applications
- Contribute to the overall architecture design of web applications
- Maintain scalability, code integrity, and usability of applications
- Participate in our team’s software quality assurance practices
- Work concurrently on multiple projects for a variety of customers
- Be an excellent communicator with both local and remote teammates
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area, plus 3-5 years experience in web development, preferably in a technical/software industry, or equivalent amount of education and experience
- Strong knowledge of modern HTML and CSS
- Ability to build secure web applications that protect against common attack vectors
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and code versioning tools such as Git, continuous integration, and software testing
- Experience with responsive design that works in both desktop and mobile environments is a plus
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: web UI/UX design, geospatial or data visualization, Python programming, geospatial analytics, databases
Founded in 1998, Kitware is a leader in the creation and support of open-source software and state-of-the-art technology, and is one of the fastest growing software companies in the country. Kitware leverages its diverse technical expertise to provide advanced custom solutions for a host of complex technical problems. Kitware’s mission is to advance the frontiers of understanding by developing innovative open-source software platforms and integrating them into research, processes, and products.
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Candidates that have a strong preference should indicate their preferred office location somewhere in their cover letter or resume. Available offices include Clifton Park, NY; Carrboro, NC; Arlington, VA; or Santa Fe, NM.
Please visit www.jobs.kitware.com to view other Kitware positions you may be interested in and learn more about what we have to offer.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.