We are looking for a C2S - Commercial Cloud Services Software Developer to join our new office , located a block from the Ballston metro stop, in Arlington, VA. The ideal candidate will have experience with C2S and a passion to deliver on the mission for our customers.
- BS in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, systems engineering, physics, mathematics, or a related field.
- Experience in C2S software development and/or C2S DevOps experience.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Significant expertise in C++ and Python, including developing, debugging, and deploying operational systems.
- Familiarity with build environments on Windows, Linux, and Mac systems.
- Expertise using Git for branchy revision control.
- Experience using Github or Gitlab for code reviews, documentation, and release management.
- Required skills can be gained concurrent with education, and skills will be measured through passage of a technical screen.
- Due to contractual requirements, this position requires US Citizenship.
- Expertise with commercial Amazon Web Services (AWS) including development, debugging, deployment, and scaling, especially of core services such as EC2, EBS volumes, S3, CloudWatch.
- Expertise with container technologies, such as Docker, and virtual machines.
- Experience with the certification & accreditation process for cleared software.
- Database experience, including PostgreSQL with GIS extensions and/or Mongo.
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Packer, and familiarity with Infrastructure as Code practices.
- Experience with distributed processing, task queues, and workflow management tools.
- Experience working on distributed teams.
- Interest and experience in open source software development.
- A sense of humor, good or bad, and the willingness to share that with your teammates.
Founded in 1998, Kitware is a leader in the creation and support of open-source software and state-of-the-art technology, and is a fast-moving and ever-changing company. Kitware leverages its diverse technical expertise to provide advanced custom solutions for a host of complex technical problems. Kitware’s mission is to advance the frontiers of understanding by developing innovative open-source software platforms and integrating them into research, processes, and products.
We partner with premier government R&D agencies such as DARPA, IARPA, AFRL, ONR, and NRL; branches of the US military; and members of the intelligence community on a range of efforts including prime contracts, SBIRs, and STTRs. In addition, we provide commercial services to companies ranging from tiny startups to Fortune 500 internet companies. By joining our team, you will be contributing your expertise to develop robust solutions for real-world, challenging problems that directly enhance our national security.
Kitware employs an open source business model to foster extended, collaborative communities, and to provide flexible, high-quality technical solutions. If you’ve used CMake, ITK, or VTK, you know our work and the impact it has on the communities we help build
Kitware team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and free coffee, drinks and snacks.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.