Kiosk is a marketing and advertising agency dedicated to achieving amazing results for our clients. The atmosphere at Kiosk is friendly and collaborative and we have an amazingly talented, close-knit team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Copywriting & Marketing Intern to join our busy and friendly team. This is a temporary, full-time paid position and is based in our Novato, CA office. We will consider strong part-time applications also.
This internship position is a unique opportunity to work in a small team of experienced designers, developers and marketing professionals who are willing to invest time into training you and helping you become a creative marketing professional.
What you will do:
Content Generation and Production:
- Helping to research and write content for websites, blog posts, emails and social media, according to briefs
- Helping to add content and blogs to Kiosk-managed websites
- Sourcing images from stock libraries for creative projects
- Proofreading content to approve for publication
- Assisting with social media tasks, as directed by executive team
- Brainstorming ideas for Social Media with internal teams, writing up ideas and sharing social media plans accordingly
Marketing and Operations:
- Assisting the Founders and the EVP, Client Partnerships with company and client marketing projects
- Helping to research new clients and client competitors
- Taking part in creative brainstorms to discuss ideas for clients
- Assisting with marketing account management, including: Capturing meeting notes and call notes; Helping to brief new projects to media and creative colleagues; Creating task lists for projects and managing project timelines; Keeping spreadsheets and plans updated, as directed
- Coordinating and following-up on marketing tasks to ensure the success of marketing campaigns
- Reviewing deliverables prepared by team to ensure accuracy before they are presented to client
- Working with outside vendors as needed for projects (e.g. printers, advertising and merchandise vendors)
- Meeting planning, including setting up facilities and catering
- Running local errands, such as collecting print jobs or delivering proofs
- Helping to prepare campaign reports and analysis for marketing efforts, working closely with marketing colleagues
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- A happy, positive personality; you will be proactive and thrive on doing great work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven creative writing skills
- A keen interest in marketing and advertising
- Excellent computer skills (Mac preferred)
- Proficiency in Google Docs and Presentations (MS Office experience will translate)
- Proofreading experience
- Attention to detail and accuracy, including exhaustive follow-up and cross-checking
- Confidence to take initiative and anticipate needs
- Ability to juggle priorities calmly and orderly and meet reasonable deadlines
- Great follow-up skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- A passion for marketing and advertising, and an appreciation of technology
- A genuine desire to do great work with a friendly, smart team
Kiosk provides marketing and advertising services to a global client base, including Disney, Glu Mobile, Sonic, Harvard University, Royal Bank of Canada and Nutiva.
We offer a fun, collaborative working environment and provide the latest tools and technology so you can be at the top of your game. Our studio in Novato, CA was recently named in the “Best Places to Work” by the North Bay Business Journal for the sixth year running. Kiosk is a past recipient of the “Large Business of the Year” award from the Novato Chamber of Commerce for outstanding business practices, civic leadership and community service. We strongly encourage and support continuing education, training & professional development. For more information, visit our website at www.kiosk.tm.
Interested? Let us hear from you! Please submit a resume and cover letter telling us what about our position interests you.
Kiosk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.