This position is a SPECIAL opportunity to make a difference by joining a thriving, award-winning auto dealer team, located in our inviting, state-of-the-art facilities! Kings Ford, Inc. is seeking an APPRENTICE TECHNICIAN to join our Service Team. The right individual will need to be confident and positive in a fast-paced environment requiring strong team cohesion and people skills. With the right personality and work ethic, there are many opportunities for development of your trade skills, as well as advancement along a disciplined career path as a service technician; Kings Ford invests in its people and has a strong preference for promoting from within when merited.
Opportunity for Career-minded Individuals
We only consider candidates that want to develop trade skills that offer unique value through strong franchise-protected quality. This Apprentice Technician Level 1 is regarded as an entry-level technician position offered to candidates who want to advance their professional trade skills through development we are proud to provide. As this is an entry-level position, applicants’ experience can be limited and the work to be performed will begin with the quick maintenance team (e.g., oil changes, tire rotations, alignments). After the completion of 12 months of employment, we will pay the chosen candidate a sign-on/stay bonus of $500 as a method of employing our conviction that we invest in our people and expect our people to invest in our system. We offer a competitive hourly rate that we strive to keep above going market compensation for starting lube technicians. The candidate selected will be entered into a four-year development apprenticeship program with set company-paid Ford certification opportunities beginning after six months of employment. The certifications awarded are honored at 3,000+ Ford locations across the United States. Securing Ford master certifications after five years from starting as an apprentice technician is achievable and rewarded by the local Cincinnati MSA with annual compensation often reaching up to $55,000. Starting a career in our Ford repair shop offers a highly structured and predictive advancement path that is increasingly rare in the modern work force, given the job satisfaction and compensation you can enjoy with the right commitment, work ethic and skills. Advance your career by joining a team that cares about your development, and a team that will offer you experience in one of the most time-tested and stable industries in the modern economy. Please keep in mind the first Ford vehicle was sold 114 years ago; long-term minded applicants only need apply.
- TEAM PLAYER MENTALITY
- HARD WORKING, HONEST, RELIABLE, AND PUNCTUAL
- READY TO LEARN WITH AN OPEN MIND
- WILLING TO LEARN AND COMMIT TO NEW PROCESSES
- WILL MEET OBJECTIVES REWARDED BY MONIED AND TRADE INCENTIVES
- Automotive mechanical experience not required but preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent (some trade school preferred but not required)
- Applications for those currently pursuing a High School Diploma at an automotive vocational school will be considered
- Must have a valid driver’s license that meets third party carrier’s insurability standards; Kings Ford DOES NOT consider your driving record for employment, but our third party carrier does consult driving history and will not insure if a major violation has occurred in the past 3 years (e.g., DUI, vehicular homicide, driving in excess of 25 mph, reckless endangerment, suspended license)
- All applicants must have the ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks and drug screen
- Local candidates only, must live within 45-minutes drive to 45249 with reliable transportation
- Excellent written and oral communication and literacy
- Ability to work in a hands-on environment where physical fitness is important
- Ability to perform simple math calculations
- A fast learner who is comfortable with change and motivated to learn new things
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and with a team
- Must have excellent attention to detail with strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to maintain a professional and pleasant attitude under a variety of circumstances
- Must exhibit a professional appearance and demeanor
- If you satisfy all job requirements, please submit your resume to this job posting and include your name, address, email address and phone number on your resume
Quick Maintenance Technician Duties (Summary):
- Perform basic lubrication services and oil changes
- Perform tire mounting/dismounting/repair
- Perform fluid exchanges and basic diagnostics
- After appropriate training, perform brake jobs and alignments
- Perform thorough check of customers’ car/ truck
- Maintain safe and clean environment
- Use shop equipment properly (racks, flush equipment, oil drains etc)
- Progress through 3-year development training program, securing four major Ford certifications by the conclusion of year 2
- Competitive hourly pay plan with excellent development opportunities
- Access and accountability to complete Ford training and certifications honored nationally by all Ford franchised dealerships (3,000+ locations nation-wide)
- Paid vacation/sick time (PTO) for full-time employees
- Paid holidays for full-time employees (e.g., New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas)
- Weekly payroll for all employees with access to direct deposit (e.g., bank credit-worthiness initiation)
- Full Benefits Package
- Position eligible for employer-subsidized medical (ACA compliant), dental, vision, and life insurance
- Medical, dental and vision premiums at least 50% subsidized for Family, Employee-Spouse, and Employee-Child plans (increasingly rare benefit for our industry)
- May 1 annual renewal for medical, dental and vision offer coordination benefit opportunities for spouses offered insurance from two different employers
- Medical, dental and vision benefits are protected under COBRA continuation requirements
- Medical plan diligently researched to remain competitive in premium, deductible, OPM, co-insurance, and network acceptance [key five factors necessary to accurately compare plans].
- 401(k), HSA, and short-term disability also available
- 401(k) match extended to eligible employees (maxed at 20% of contribution up to 5% of earnings)
- Employee access to Fifth Third’s 401(k) network and retirement insight software
- Robust wellness program for medical plan participants with significant benefits (e.g., gym membership to Mason Planet Fitness subsidy)
- Complimentary fresh fruit, coffee and reverse-osmosis filtered water for all employees
- FMLA extended to employees satisfying federal requirements
- Substantial employee discounts available on new vehicle purchases, all vehicle service and parts
- Secure job position in a family owned and operated company continuously growing since 1979
- Significant opportunities for room for advancement
- Excellent facilities fully renovated last year
- Large volume dealership with unique opportunity for a large variety of skill development
- A Professional And Respectful Work Environment
- Equal opportunity employer
Duties and Responsibilities (Detailed):
- Responsible for other duties as assigned and/or required by business need.
- Performs repairs and service as indicated on Vehicle Inspection Report or Repair Estimate Order per the supervision of the Lube Tech Coordinator
- Ensures high quality service and repairs are provided to every customer.
- Maintains all personal and company-provided tools and equipment in proper operating condition.
- Reports any missing or damaged company tools or equipment to management.
- Communicates well with customers and dealer personnel.
- Suggests products, services, equipment or practices to improve sales, safety, or customer satisfaction.
- Promotes cooperation and teamwork.
- Assists fellow employees as necessary.
- Handles multiple tasks quickly and efficiently
- Maintains customer focus while dealing with a difficult customer.
- Prioritizes work to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Determines work that needs to be done immediately and work that could be done and then notifies customer.
- Utilizes company processes and policies to ensure customer satisfaction and efficient and effective service operations.
- Visually inspects vehicle parts for damage or safety issues.
- Complies with all OSHA/NOSHA, state and local laws regarding safety, hazardous materials, and environmental materials.
- Reports security violations or unsafe conditions to management.
- Maintains technical skills.
- Moving about the Shop
- Utilizing physical and manual dexterity
- Using equipment consistent with industry standards
Search engine keywords: full time, auto, automotive, automobile, car, cars, professional, mechanic, mechanical, technician, tech, service, parts, lube, tire, tires, wrench, oil, diesel, diagnostic, customer service, organizational skills, acura, aston martin, audi, bentley, bmw, buick, cadillac, chevrolet, chrysler, corvette, daihatsu, dodge, ferrari, fiat, ford, gm, gmc, general motors, honda, hummer, hyundai, infiniti, isuzu, jaguar, jeep, kia, lamborghini, land rover, lexus, lincoln, lotus, maserati, mazda, mercedes-benz, mb, mercury, mg, mini, mitsubishi, nissan, oldsmobile, peugeot, pontiac, porsche, regal, renault, rolls-royce, saab, saturn, smart, subaru, suzuki, toyota, volkswagen, VW, volvo, yugo
Job Type: Full-time