This position is a SPECIAL opportunity to make a difference by joining a thriving, award-winning auto dealer team, located in our inviting, state-of-the-art facilities! Kings Ford, Inc. is seeking a SALES APPRENTICE LEVEL 1 FORD PRODUCT SPECIALIST AND PORTER to join our Sales and Service Teams. The right individual will need to be confident and positive in a fast-paced environment requiring strong team cohesion and people skills. With the right personality and work ethic, there are many opportunities for development of your trade skills, as well as advancement along a disciplined career path as a sales apprentice product specialist and porter; Kings Ford invests in its people and has a strong preference for promoting from within when merited.
This is regarded as an entry-level Ford franchised dealership position offered to candidates who want to advance their professional trade skills through development we are proud to provide. Upon hire, the candidate will be entered into a regimented 24-month development plan across 4 defined steps with training and performance requirements advancing at each step. This development apprenticeship program offers set company-paid Ford certification opportunities beginning after six months of employment. After the completion of 12 months, the candidate will be requested to self-identify a sales or service career path within the dealership; the dealership can also offer mentoring to help direct this choice. By the completion of 24 months, the candidate will be equipped to begin a career in either sales or service, holding a strong head start with many Ford Motor Company certifications recognized across the country at every Ford dealership. Advance your career by joining a team that cares about your development, and a team that will offer you experience in one of the most time-tested and stable industries in the modern economy. Please keep in mind the first Ford vehicle was sold 114 years ago; long-term minded applicants only need apply.
This is regarded as an entry-level Ford franchised dealership position offered to candidates who want to advance their professional trade skills through development we are proud to provide. After the completion of 12 months of employment, we will pay the chosen candidate a sign-on/stay bonus of $500 as a method of employing our conviction that we invest in our people and expect our people to invest in our system. We offer a competitive hourly rate that we strive to keep above going market compensation for starting lot technicians.
- TEAM PLAYER MENTALITY
- HARD WORKING, HONEST, RELIABLE, AND PUNCTUAL
- READY TO LEARN WITH AN OPEN MIND
- Automotive experience not required but preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent (some trade school preferred but not required)
- Applications for those currently pursuing a High School Diploma at an automotive vocational school will be considered
- Must have a valid driver’s license that meets third party carrier’s insurability standards; Kings Ford DOES NOT consider your driving record for employment, but our third party carrier does consult driving history and will not insure if a major violation has occurred in the past 3 years (e.g., DUI, vehicular homicide, driving in excess of 25 mph, reckless endangerment, suspended license)
- All applicants must have the ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks and drug screen
- Local candidates only, must live within 45-minutes drive to 45249 with reliable transportation
- Excellent written and oral communication and literacy
- Ability to work in a hands-on environment where physical fitness is important
- Ability to perform simple math calculations
- A fast learner who is comfortable with change and motivated to learn new things
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and with a team
- Must have excellent attention to detail with strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to maintain a professional and pleasant attitude under a variety of circumstances
- Must exhibit a professional appearance and demeanor
- If you satisfy all job requirements, please submit your resume to this job posting and include your name, address, email address and phone number on your resume
SAL1 / Porter / Lot Tech Duties (Summary):
- Cleans and details (as necessary) vehicles in preparation for delivery at sale
- Maintains the appearance and organization of the car lot and parking grounds
- Performs intake for new vehicle delivery from the factory, noting any damage
- Helps maintain the organization and orderliness of inventory locations and keys
- Contributes to customer satisfaction by providing prompt, efficient, and quality service
- Maintains positive, approachable attitude when dealing with internal and external customers
- Maintain safe and clean environment
- Progress through 2-year development training program, securing six to eight major Ford certifications by the conclusion of year 2
- Competitive hourly pay plan with excellent development opportunities
- Access and accountability to complete Ford training and certifications honored nationally by all Ford franchised dealerships (3,000+ locations nation-wide)
- Paid vacation/sick time (PTO) for full-time employees
- Paid holidays for full-time employees (e.g., New Years Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas)
- Weekly payroll for all employees with access to direct deposit (e.g., bank credit-worthiness initiation)
- Full Benefits Package
- Position eligible for employer-subsidized medical (ACA compliant), dental, vision, and life insurance
- Medical, dental and vision premiums at least 50% subsidized for Family, Employee-Spouse, and Employee-Child plans (increasingly rare benefit for our industry)
- May 1 annual renewal for medical, dental and vision offer coordination benefit opportunities for spouses offered insurance from two different employers
- Medical, dental and vision benefits are protected under COBRA continuation requirements
- Medical plan diligently researched to remain competitive in premium, deductible, OPM, co-insurance, and network acceptance [key five factors necessary to accurately compare plans].
- 401(k), HSA, and short-term disability also available
- 401(k) match extended to eligible employees (maxed at 20% of contribution up to 5% of earnings)
- Employee access to Fifth Third’s 401(k) network and retirement insight software
- Robust wellness program for medical plan participants with significant benefits (e.g., gym membership to Mason Planet Fitness subsidy)
- Complimentary fresh fruit, coffee and reverse-osmosis filtered water for all employees
- FMLA extended to employees satisfying federal requirements
- Substantial employee discounts available on new vehicle purchases, all vehicle service and parts
- Secure job position in a family owned and operated company continuously growing since 1979
- Significant opportunities for room for advancement
- Excellent facilities fully renovated last year
- Large volume dealership with unique opportunity for a large variety of skill development
- A Professional And Respectful Work Environment
- Equal opportunity employer
Duties and Responsibilities (Detailed):
- Responsible for other duties as assigned and/or required by business need.
- Maintains all personal and company-provided tools and equipment in proper operating condition.
- Reports any missing or damaged company tools or equipment to management.
- Communicates well with customers and dealer personnel.
- Suggests products, services, equipment or practices to improve sales, safety, or customer satisfaction.
- Promotes cooperation and teamwork.
- Assists fellow employees as necessary.
- Handles multiple tasks quickly and efficiently
- Maintains customer focus while dealing with a difficult customer.
- Prioritizes work to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Determines work that needs to be done immediately and work that could be done and then notifies customer.
- Utilizes company processes and policies to ensure customer satisfaction and efficient and effective service operations.
- Visually inspects vehicle parts for damage or safety issues.
- Complies with all OSHA/NOSHA, state and local laws regarding safety, hazardous materials, and environmental materials.
- Reports security violations or unsafe conditions to management.
- Maintains technical skills.
- Contributes to customer satisfaction by providing prompt, efficient, and quality service.
- Provides service and sales departments with customer valet service.
- Pays attention to “small details” before delivering a car to a customer.
- Cleans vehicle before delivery to customer.
- Anticipates customers’ needs.
- Interacts successfully with multiple dealership departments.
- Follows and carriers out oral and written instructions.
- Maintains positive, approachable attitude when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Maintains composure while experiencing changes in work priorities or procedures.
- Maintains high performance levels while facing time deadlines or handling multiple tasks.
- Maintains professional demeanor when faced with unanticipated problems, complications or delays.
- Focuses attention on priority work to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Maintains stock of cleaning materials
- Identifies and supports opportunities for methods/process improvement.
- Observes all relevant health and safety procedures, particularly with regard to handling and storing hazardous substances.
- Uses basic math skills to perform calculations.
- Completes forms accurately.
- Understanding and Using Business Knowledge
- Has overall understanding of dealership business objectives.
- Attends training courses as required.
- Driving a vehicle
- Moving about the Shop and Wash Bay
- Utilizing physical and manual dexterity
- Using equipment consistent with industry standards
Search engine keywords: full time, auto, automotive, automobile, car, cars, professional, mechanic, mechanical, technician, tech, service, parts, lube, tire, tires, wrench, oil, diesel, diagnostic, customer service, organizational skills, acura, aston martin, audi, bentley, bmw, buick, cadillac, chevrolet, chrysler, corvette, daihatsu, dodge, ferrari, fiat, ford, gm, gmc, general motors, honda, hummer, hyundai, infiniti, isuzu, jaguar, jeep, kia, lamborghini, land rover, lexus, lincoln, lotus, maserati, mazda, mercedes-benz, mb, mercury, mg, mini, mitsubishi, nissan, oldsmobile, peugeot, pontiac, porsche, regal, renault, rolls-royce, saab, saturn, smart, subaru, suzuki, toyota, volkswagen, VW, volvo, yugo, porter, lot technician
Job Type: Full-time