- Great flat rate pay plan (text Service Director Matt Huber at 513.580.7340 for specifics)
- Job stability that is recession resilient with #1 volume Cincinnati metro Ford dealer by RO count
- Job stability that is recession resilient with location in America's largest auto mall outside California*
- Closest dealership to the Cincinnati Ford training center - top training and master certification access
- Full Benefits Package
- Paid vacation/sick time (PTO)
- Six paid Holidays for full-time employees (New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas)
- Weekly payroll for all employees with access to direct deposit (e.g., bank credit-worthiness initiation)
- Position eligible for employer-subsidized medical (ACA compliant), dental, vision, and life insurance
- Medical, dental and vision premiums at least 50% subsidized for Family, Employee-Spouse, and Employee-Child plans (increasingly rare benefit for our industry)
- May 1 annual renewal for medical, dental and vision offer coordination benefit opportunities for spouses offered insurance from two different employers
- Medical, dental and vision benefits are protected under COBRA continuation requirements
- Medical plan diligently researched to remain competitive in premium, deductible, OPM, co-insurance, and network acceptance [key five factors necessary to accurately compare plans].
- 401(k), HSA, and short-term disability also available
- 401(k) match extended to eligible employees (maxed at 20% of contribution up to 5% of earnings)
- Employee access to Fifth Third’s 401(k) network and retirement insight software
- Robust wellness program for medical plan participants with significant benefits (e.g., gym membership to Mason Planet Fitness subsidy)
- Complimentary fresh fruit, coffee and reverse-osmosis filtered water for all employees
- FMLA extended to employees satisfying federal requirements
- Substantial employee discounts available on new vehicle purchases, all vehicle service and parts
- Secure job position in a family owned and operated company continuously growing since 1979
- Significant opportunities for room for advancement (over 25 service bays across two locations)
- Excellent facilities fully renovated recently
- Large volume dealership with unique opportunity for a large variety of skill development
- A Professional and Respectful Work Environment
- Equal opportunity employer
This is regarded as a 1-5 year experienced-level technician position, with preference given to a Ford-certified tech with Ford experience, offered to candidates who want to advance their professional trade skills through development we are proud to provide. After the completion of 12 months of employment, we will pay the chosen candidate a sign-on/stay bonus of $2500 as a method of employing our conviction that we invest in our people and expect our people to invest in our system. We offer a competitive flat rate that we strive to keep above going market compensation for equivalently experienced line technicians.
This position is a RARE opportunity to make a difference by joining a thriving, award-winning auto dealer team, located in our inviting, state-of-the-art facilities! Kings Ford, Inc. is seeking an EXPERIENCED LINE TECHNICIAN to join our Service Team. The right individual will need to be confident and positive in a fast-paced environment requiring strong team cohesion and people skills. With the right personality and work ethic, there are many opportunities for development of your trade skills, as well as advancement along a disciplined career path as a service technician; Kings Ford invests in its people and has a strong preference for promoting from within when merited. With over 25 service bays across two locations, the opportunities for advancement and long-term career development are available to candidates with a healthy work ethic and prove to be team players.
- TEAM PLAYER MENTALITY
- HARD WORKING, HONEST, RELIABLE, AND PUNCTUAL
- READY TO LEARN WITH AN OPEN MIND
- Minimum 3 years experience in automotive repair or service; 5 or more years preferred
- 1 year of supervisory experience preferred
- Tools required to perform repairs and services
- Preference for Ford-certified technician with Ford vehicle experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Other certifications or licenses as required by law
- ASE certification preferred in one or more of the following areas:
- Electrical or Electronic Systems
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Suspension and Steering
- Manual Drive Train and Axles
- Automatic Transmission and Transaxle
- Engine Performance
- Engine Repair
- Must have a valid driver’s license that meets third party carrier’s insurability standards; Kings Ford DOES NOT consider your driving record for employment, but our third party carrier does consult driving history and will not insure if a major violation has occurred in the past 3 years (e.g., DUI, vehicular homicide, driving in excess of 25 mph, reckless endangerment, suspended license)
- All applicants must have the ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks and drug screen
- Local candidates only, must live within a 45-60 minute drive to 45249 with reliable transportation
- Excellent written and oral communication and literacy
- Ability to work in a hands-on environment where physical fitness is important
- Ability to perform simple math calculations
- A fast learner who is comfortable with change and motivated to learn new things
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and with a team
- Must have excellent attention to detail with strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to maintain a professional and pleasant attitude under a variety of circumstances
- Must exhibit a professional appearance and demeanor
- If you satisfy all job requirements, please submit your resume to this job posting and include your name, address, email address and phone number on your resume
Line Technician Duties:
- Responsible for other duties as assigned and/or required by business need.
- Performs repairs and specializes in one or more of the following areas:
- Routine maintenance, inspections, installations, emissions testing (where applicable), tune-ups, (repairs on starting, charging air conditioning, exhaust, and minor electrical systems).
- Relines and adjusts basic and ABS brakes, aligns front end, replaces parts vehicles (such as water pumps, shock absorbers, drive belts, hoses, etc.) or customer vehicles.
- Performs factory warranty repairs according to established procedures.
- Performs preventive maintenance, cleaning, and repairs on dealership tools and equipment; ensures facility is clean and organized at all times.
- Diagnoses vehicles using the appropriate tools, equipment and resources.
- Utilizes Ford-provided technical assistance (e.g., Technical Support Systems Guide, Hotlines, OASIS, SBDS, other).
- Stays up to date on the latest technical services through training, bulletins, campaigns, etc.
- Obtains all necessary certifications.
- Ensures high quality service and repairs are provided to every customer.
- Maintains all personal and company-provided tools and equipment in proper operating condition.
- Reports any missing or damaged company tools or equipment to management.
- Communicates well with customers and dealer personnel.
- Suggests products, services, equipment or practices to improve sales, safety, or customer satisfaction.
- Promotes cooperation and teamwork.
- Assists fellow employees as necessary.
- Handles multiple tasks quickly and efficiently
- Maintains customer focus while dealing with a difficult customer.
- Prioritizes work to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Determines work that needs to be done immediately and work that could be done and then notifies customer.
- Utilizes company processes and policies to ensure customer satisfaction and efficient and effective service operations.
- Visually inspects vehicle parts for damage or safety issues.
- Complies with all OSHA/NOSHA, state and local laws regarding safety, hazardous materials, and environmental materials.
- Reports security violations or unsafe conditions to management.
- Maintains technical skills.
- Moving about the Shop
- Utilizing physical and manual dexterity
- Using hand and/or power tools and equipment consistent with industry standards
- Using computer to access and report information
Search engine keywords: full time, auto, automotive, automobile, car, cars, professional, maintenance, mechanic, mechanical, technician, tech, service, parts, lube, tire, tires, wrench, oil, diesel, diagnostic, diagnosis, line, flat rate, factory, certified, customer service, organizational skills, acura, aston martin, audi, bentley, bmw, buick, cadillac, chevrolet, chrysler, corvette, daihatsu, dodge, ferrari, fiat, ford, gm, gmc, general motors, honda, hummer, hyundai, infiniti, isuzu, jaguar, jeep, kia, lamborghini, land rover, lexus, lincoln, lotus, maserati, mazda, mercedes-benz, mb, mercury, mg, mini, mitsubishi, nissan, oldsmobile, peugeot, pontiac, porsche, regal, renault, rolls-royce, saab, saturn, smart, subaru, suzuki, toyota, volkswagen, VW, volvo, yugo
Job Type: Full-time
*Projected claim derived from research of over 5,000 newspapers and periodicals for adverts over a 15 year trailing history for the absence of competitor claims while projecting like volume across new franchise brands offered